Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they'd have money unlike this lot.

1694784915834.webp

I while ago I had posted that I was going to the Bournemouth game and that was me done unless there was a significant change. I am generally an optimistic type, I see benefits in parting company with Moshiri, if Kenwright goes then all the better. However I have grave reservations about 777, they do seem a bit on the shady side. However I am a long standing Evertonian, it takes very little to give me hope, all hope had gone under Moshiri. I am hoping that Everton can become the biggest fish in 777s portfolio, I hope they see the need to keep us in the Premier League and act accordingly.

This lot really are quite wealthy.. although unless they can see us make profits then all the money in the world won't improve us when hamstrung by spending regulations...

But they don't have cash. They're an investment company who may hold '$x' in assets but if they were to sell assets then they'd have to repay partners, investors, creditors before any cash comes our way.

I don't think the club survives til 2025 without investment. He hasn't a pot to piss in with Usmanov gone - evident in the lack of money spent the past few windows.
The thing about this too is for as dodgy as people say 777 are, Moshiri is equally if not far more so with Usmanov looming in the background. I have no doubt in my mind that Everton would be implicated historically in illegal activity related to Moshiri and Usmanov, it's the biggest open secret going. Not only are you correct in saying Moshiri doesn't last in terms of running a football club, I frankly don't think it would be long before he'd be forced into selling the club like Abramovich at Chelsea, which he'd probably get far less for in that situation and would also paint the whole club as dodgy, especially given our FFP troubles and all that.

It'd kill us and open us up to all sorts of legal action from other clubs, especially the relegated ones. This may be a case of Moshiri jumping before he's pushed but sod him, at least with 777 Everton will remain a club, under Moshiri we'd have folded, 100%.

But they don't have cash. They're an investment company who may hold '$x' in assets but if they were to sell assets then they'd have to repay partners, investors, creditors before any cash comes our way.
Very few billionares have much cash, their wealth is in stocks and shares of their various companies.

Suppose where I’m holding out hope is that they seem to be appointing decent people to oversee the football operations across the group. I can’t pretend to know a lot about 777 but from what I have heard they are relatively new to football ownership? Like 3 years or so? If so, and their model is to turn around struggling teams, it’s no surprise they haven’t seen instant success. But, obviously some strange stories circulating so they could just be rapacious vultures!
Yeah, I was very worried about the big headlines about their head honchos, and still am, but I think there's a cautious optimism in the fact they seem to be making good appointments in their football department, which suggests they are at least serious about doing things right rather than the fly by night cowboys the headlines suggest.

Dransfield has experience with City Group, Spors with Red Bull (as does Thelwell, so might dovetail nicely). Considering multiclub setups are relatively new they have found guys who understand them. They've got data and analytics in place too with guys like Sormaz. These are very respectable people.

If, big if, these guys are allowed to do their jobs without interference it's an opportunity to be a part of a modern, professional setup. We shall see.

Was this guy not a candidate at one point for the Tottenham job? Pretty sure I remember everyone making the obvious Spurs / Spors joke. Seems to have a decent pedigree, guessing he would be effectively Thelwell's boss.

Spors & particularly Dransfield are highly regarded in the football world.

Straight away they offer something the club has lacked for a very long time.

The thing about this too is for as dodgy as people say 777 are, Moshiri is equally if not far more so with Usmanov looming in the background. I have no doubt in my mind that Everton would be implicated historically in illegal activity related to Moshiri and Usmanov, it's the biggest open secret going. Not only are you correct in saying Moshiri doesn't last in terms of running a football club, I frankly don't think it would be long before he'd be forced into selling the club like Abramovich at Chelsea, which he'd probably get far less for in that situation and would also paint the whole club as dodgy, especially given our FFP troubles and all that.

It'd kill us and open us up to all sorts of legal action from other clubs, especially the relegated ones. This may be a case of Moshiri jumping before he's pushed but sod him, at least with 777 Everton will remain a club, under Moshiri we'd have folded, 100%.
Agree with all of this. If 777 it is to be the quicker it goes through the better. And don't forget that the Abramovich situation was all out in the open- if investigation found that we were de facto an Usmanov asset we wouldn't get the sweet deal Chelsea did. It might end us on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back