Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only hope is that we become the Northern version of Brighton, buying players on the cheap, selling them for a massive profit reinvesting part of the profit in the replacement, and 777 syphoning off the rest. Alternatively they use their other clubs as feeders for us. This reeks of the guys who bought Burnley, sold the ground and forced Dyche to sell his best player every year with no replacement and took a big dividend until they got relegated.

How do you suppose they acquire these assets if they don't have any cash mate?

From their investors.

They're not going to ask their investors to raise £50m to spend on a player. They haven't even asked their investors to raise £5m to fund a training ground at Genoa!

Yeah, I was very worried about the big headlines about their head honchos, and still am, but I think there's a cautious optimism in the fact they seem to be making good appointments in their football department, which suggests they are at least serious about doing things right rather than the fly by night cowboys the headlines suggest.

Dransfield has experience with City Group, Spors with Red Bull (as does Thelwell, so might dovetail nicely). Considering multiclub setups are relatively new they have found guys who understand them. They've got data and analytics in place too with guys like Sormaz. These are very respectable people.

If, big if, these guys are allowed to do their jobs without interference it's an opportunity to be a part of a modern, professional setup. We shall see.
Certainly encouraging that they are appointing these sorts of people. May take a few years to bed in but if they are well intentioned and can sustain the club then fingers crossed it goes to plan. I’m just of the view of wait and see. Things could collapse, although I’m not convinced of that, and if they get all the necessary approvals then we’ll see how it all goes. The days of someone coming in and investing £200 million on players off the bat are over, so a considered, strategic approach to commercial and playing operations is necessary to bring some sort of success. These guys might do it, or they might not.

But they don't have cash. They're an investment company who may hold '$x' in assets but if they were to sell assets then they'd have to repay partners, investors, creditors before any cash comes our way.

It doesn't matter if they don't have cash. Only idiots use their own cash for this type of investment (*cough* Moshiri *cough*).

Competent businesses and investors use their ability to raise cash at serviceable rates.

There's lots to be negative about re. this takeover.
but here's my effort to look on the bright side.
There's no point referencing all the clubs they own as being in a mess, we know they buy distressed assets.
They cant be directly blamed for mismanagement yet.
They are unlikely to turn us in to a CL team but stability is all we can hope for at the moment especially with the stadium move coming up.
Let's hope they are capable of that.
I think the fan bond fundraiser at Genoa is quite a clever idea and something Evertonians might have been on board with.

The long and short of it is that, for the whole PL era, Everton have been run like a corner shop.
When moshiri came along, that culture did not change but investment did. Now it's a corner shop with range rovers parked outside.
These guys may be ruthless and seem cheap but they'll run the club like a business. They'll monetize anything that isn't nailed down and the stuff that is.
This might be just what Everton need.

After a generation of Kenwright covering up business ineptitude thanks to theatrical speeches and the luck of getting his first managerial appointment right, Followed by shady fronts and wild spending with no structure, It's time to see what happens when raw business takes over.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt even if they are going to charge to put a bag in the overhead bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back