Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had Talksh1te on, and they really were talking sh1te in regards to this takeover.

They way they were talking you’d think the richest person on the planet was about to buy us and spend loads on the squad. They think the fans are over the moon with Moshiri selling up and these muppets coming in.

And don’t get me started on some of the so called fans who phoned in. Clueless is being polite!

Dunno why but my feeling is that they will be here until the stadium is done then sell us for a profit. Something Moshiri can't do because of the sanctions on Usmanov and USM etc
That’s fine so long as they keep us in the PL and there’s something to sell. I’m cautiously optimistic that they might provide some stability in the short to medium term at least. As others have said, despite concerns about the character of the CEO etc, they have only recently bought or invested in already struggling clubs so we don’t really know how competent or otherwise they are going to be. Only time will tell.

The American stereotypes on here are tiresome.
What are you talking about?....Oh look here comes our new owner U.S.A..U.S.A..U.S.A
sddefault.webp

Just had Talksh1te on, and they really were talking sh1te in regards to this takeover.

They way they were talking you’d think the richest person on the planet was about to buy us and spend loads on the squad. They think the fans are over the moon with Moshiri selling up and these muppets coming in.

And don’t get me started on some of the so called fans who phoned in. Clueless is being polite!
that steve the first one haha

LFC and Manu get a disproportionate amount of TV money now. Of course they'll get more in an individual TV deal. But if they want to show them at Goodison or Bramley Moore then we can charge anything we want, say £200 million as we have the rights to host the cameras.
Ha! I like the idea. :)

Unfortunately there are also the games at their grounds to consider, so they could just do the same. The derby game is a bit different but Utd selling their package without Everton away is much less of an issue for them than us trying sell the Everton TV packages without Utd away....

I really don’t understand how these presenters and pundits can’t grasp the fact that we could be bought by Bill Gates and Elon Musk and they still couldn’t invest huge amounts into the team without us being slapped with a fine or points deduction. Never mind a multi-club group who aren’t going to inject hundreds of millions into the playing squad.

There's lots to be negative about re. this takeover.
but here's my effort to look on the bright side.
There's no point referencing all the clubs they own as being in a mess, we know they buy distressed assets.
They cant be directly blamed for mismanagement yet.
They are unlikely to turn us in to a CL team but stability is all we can hope for at the moment especially with the stadium move coming up.
Let's hope they are capable of that.
I think the fan bond fundraiser at Genoa is quite a clever idea and something Evertonians might have been on board with.

The long and short of it is that, for the whole PL era, Everton have been run like a corner shop.
When moshiri came along, that culture did not change but investment did. Now it's a corner shop with range rovers parked outside.
These guys may be ruthless and seem cheap but they'll run the club like a business. They'll monetize anything that isn't nailed down and the stuff that is.
This might be just what Everton need.

After a generation of Kenwright covering up business ineptitude thanks to theatrical speeches and the luck of getting his first managerial appointment right, Followed by shady fronts and wild spending with no structure, It's time to see what happens when raw business takes over.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt even if they are going to charge to put a bag in the overhead bin.
well put. Im not convinced but decent summary none the less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back