777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was likely, having exhausted the ability to blame outcomes on managers, with fans then turning their attention to ‘sack the board’, what would fans then do if and when results weren’t up to standard under a new board? How many boards and owners would then need to be sacked?

Moshiri has always appeared to have questionable judgment around people (he’s an accountant, foreign) and so perhaps not surprising if forced out that he’s then found a questionable group to buy his shares

The expectation levels of fans are too high though, patience is too low and some are too quick to sink into negativity, which brings the club down. At what point are the fans going to be put properly under the microscope here?

This you?

Increasingly difficult to see how this group have any hope of being approved under the new criteria which has also introduced the FCA into the process.
They have multiple law suits against them for financial improprieties, and are apparently also under investigation by the USA authorities for possible fraudulent activities.
In the financial sector they appear to be overwhelmingly regarded as a very suspect group who engage in sharp practices, which at the very least are borderline fraudulent.
They are almost poster boys for the type of owner the fit and proper persons test is intended to prevent becoming owners of a football club.
Throw into the mix the reported objections of two of our major creditors, one of whom has already blocked the previous takeover attempt, and this takeover looks very unlikely to reach completion.

I can’t help but think, despite my doubts and fears about the future, that the media seem to be in witch-hunt mode with these, because it’s us they’re wanting to get involved with. Would they have the same energy if it was say a Wolves, Luton, Sheffield United etc? And why no criticism when the Saudis bought Newcastle or the takeover drama at United?

All very odd isn’t it? Did Bobble not suggest that the creditors were satisfied with the deal? Not having a pop by the way, just wondering if these are conflicting sources or whatever?

I thought my credit card repayments were bad never mind £600k a week lol
I would be very surprised if they went public with the takeover without having all this in hand.

I can’t help but think, despite my doubts and fears about the future, that the media seem to be in witch-hunt mode with these, because it’s us they’re wanting to get involved with. Would they have the same energy if it was say a Wolves, Luton, Sheffield United etc? And why no criticism when the Saudis bought Newcastle or the takeover drama at United?
There was a lot of criticism of the Saudi takeover of Newcastle.
But regardless of that , even a cursory glance at the record and provenance of this group would ring alarm bells and provide a story for the media , they would be foolish not to report on a group under investigation in their home country for possible fraudulent practices attempting to own an established PL club.

We can’t really blame the financial mismanagement and bonkers recruiting on the fans though?

Expectations have been too high but I think, ultimately, it is the job of the owner and the board to manage expectations, have a plan to improve the club and stick to it. They didn’t.
No the fans obviously aren’t accountable for the financial mismanagement - but there are areas within their control around things like expectations and putting pressure on

It’s an elephant in the room that hasn’t been fully addressed - there have been times when fan pressure has contributed to manager sackings, which in turn has contributed to transfer strategy not being joined up

And forcing out the board now - the fans have played a part in that and given the track record I expect will also find flaws in whatever the alternative is

Last edited:

I was under the impression that the 500 millions plus deal included the full repayment of our loans including the one with msp...so not sure why the creditors would have any objections. I guess the only objection is that it will stop them making millions on interest rates as they are doing now.

Takeover not completed as yet no money changes hands as yet - maybebits a ruse to invite a big investor,,
Jim Ratcliffe or the Qataris could spend a fraction of what they were going to spend on Man Utd and buy Everton, wipe out debt and pay for the stadium. Hopefully someone of that level of wealth sees some potential in Everton. It would appeal to their ego that they would be associated with moving to a prime location ground and re-establish a sleeping giant. Probably highly unlikely but we can dream!

There is no positive behind this takeover, should it happen. 777 do not have the resources to buy the club and build the stadium, it will all be borrowings, no doubt against the club on top of our existing debts!

Given the scale of our existing debts, I don’t think 777 are going to be able to borrow shedloads of money to add to it.

It is hard to see any financial institution doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back