777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t matter how things are dressed up. We are going to be in a period of austerity for the next few years. The stadium completion is non negotiable. If we can keep the squad together and improve our young potential recruitment then things can turn around. Looking at where Aston Villa where 7 years ago we can rebuild from a better point with a state of the art stadium possibly the best in the country which has the potential to regenerate and expand business potential in one of the countries major cities. All these are positive factors. Unfortunately there maybe some pain long the way but it isn’t all bad.

The most worrying part for me here is Moshiri seems desperate to get out. of today reports about no money up front and other lenders calling loans are true .. thinking the upcoming FFP hearing might be why !

I can’t help but think, despite my doubts and fears about the future, that the media seem to be in witch-hunt mode with these, because it’s us they’re wanting to get involved with. Would they have the same energy if it was say a Wolves, Luton, Sheffield United etc? And why no criticism when the Saudis bought Newcastle or the takeover drama at United?
Come on Stevie there was huge controversy about the Newcastle Saudi takeover. There is no conspiracy against us let the RS play that game. There is sadly a tendency to want to kick someone when they are down as negativity and a crisis gets more clicks which is why we see all the negative headlines about us.

It won`t be borrowings from banks or financial institutions, it will be borrowings from the un-named secret investors, which after the whole Moshiri-Usmanov ownership appears to be much murkier..

But why would any secret investor, dodgy or otherwise, sink hundreds of millions into a financial shipwreck like EFC?

It doesn’t make sense to me.

I wonder if there's a game being played here. R&M vetoed the MSP deal so now MSP have become creditors and can also seemingly veto any future deals- they've bought themselves a seat at the table.

MSP then veto 777, and if they just keep vetoing other buyers eventually the only option for R&M will be to go back and approve MSP, since under Moshiri they risk getting none of their money back.

If they have loaned us a vast amount of money they will have clauses in that deal and change of ownership will be one of them I'm guessing.

Come on Stevie there was huge controversy about the Newcastle Saudi takeover. There is no conspiracy against us let the RS play that game. There is sadly a tendency to want to kick someone when they are down as negativity and a crisis gets more clicks which is why we see all the negative headlines about us.
Most of the headline news is bad news - just a fact people are interested in disasters and controversy.

If we were quietly changing hands to a sensible outfit, we wouldnt' be news.

Reality with our club is that we aren't successful so only make the news when something goes very wrong - not a conspiracy.

If they have loaned us a vast amount of money they will have clauses in that deal and change of ownership will be one of them I'm guessing.
Yeah, that's my point: MSP have failed to secure their deal but if by lending us money they secure a veto over changes of ownership what's to stop them vetoing every other deal until theirs is the only option left? It's all very murky.

I was thinking about this the other day. If for example they take us over and things go south would the club or fans have a case against the people who conduct the fit and proper persons test? The club as an entity wouldn’t have had a say about 777’s takeover given it’s one man (Moshiri) who would have sold his shares in Everton as a legal entity. The last line of defence would be the people who conduct the fit and proper persons test and if they pass them and we then fall apart surely the club or fans would have a case against them.

So that would be who, the premier league for allowing them to take us over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back