777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the headline news is bad news - just a fact people are interested in disasters and controversy.

If we were quietly changing hands to a sensible outfit, we wouldnt' be news.

Reality with our club is that we aren't successful so only make the news when something goes very wrong - not a conspiracy.
Agree. It is possible if we were being taken over by a potentially decent ownership the media might try to dig up something to create a negative headline to get more clicks but not because of some conspiracy against us.

In the case of 777 there is plenty of evidence out there to cast this in a negative light without having to dig that deep.

Who knows what's going on, I would have thought that something like that would be cleared before any announcement was made. Doesn't really help the credibility of the Mail story that they refer to Rights and Media Funding by the wrong name throughout.

The MSP deal was pulled in a similar way though…. Alll very murky.

But why would any secret investor, dodgy or otherwise, sink hundreds of millions into a financial shipwreck like EFC?

It doesn’t make sense to me.
The broadcast deal is set to be re-negotiated in the next few years it is anticipated that will be enormous, plus PL clubs grow in value year on year. A £500m-900m investment now may see a return of £1.2bn-£2bn in a year or 2.

The MSP deal was pulled in a similar way though…. Alll very murky.
See this is what I don’t get and maybe some can explain it to me.

Yes, the loan to R&M funding will be secured against the club/business and its revenues, so how are they able to veto the ownership? As long as the club meets it repayments schedule, how can they have an issue (outside of the speculation we Kenwright). It couldn’t possibly be a contractual entitlement because no one in their right mind would allow a lender that sort of power. It would be akin to having a mortgage, getting married and wanting you wife to join the mortgage and the lender saying no surely?

lol he could well be. It’s not whether he’s right it’s the way he was denying anything is happening imo lol
Indeed. I said as much the other day. It is plausible that this collapses. He has a fig-leaf. It's the adamant, not-brooking-any-arguments certainty of his pronouncements that strips him of credibility.

Usmanov won't sell to Kroenke.

The Chairman will depart the club on Wednesday.

Witsel is ours.

See this is what I don’t get and maybe some can explain it to me.

Yes, the loan to R&M funding will be secured against the club/business and its revenues, so how are they able to veto the ownership? As long as the club meets it repayments schedule, how can they have an issue (outside of the speculation we Kenwright). It couldn’t possibly be a contractual entitlement because no one in their right mind would allow a lender that sort of power. It would be akin to having a mortgage, getting married and wanting you wife to join the mortgage and the lender saying no surely?
Because if it is connections through Bill, then of course he would. As it keeps him in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back