Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the club taken any money from supporters regards the various hospitality packages at the new stadium ?
I would be very dubious about spending any money until the club comes out and tells us who is going to own the stadium.
I would rather stop going altogether than pay money to a group that have landed more debt on the club whilst leasing the ground back.
The fans are the ones who are completely taken for granted by these people they assume that they have 50000 mug punters who will happily turn up and watch any old crap at what ever inflated price they want to charge.
The supporters are the club what are they going to do with there big shiny stadium if nobody turns up and the place is empty.
We should not just bend over and let them shaft us enough is enough.
I think its very telling that a club that focuses almost exclusively on sentimentality haven't said anything about "last season at Goodison" in their marketing at any point

The comments I make aren't me saying things as a matter of fact. They are more questions I put out there because I feel so confused.
Yes a new owner will have to find 200million ish to finish the stadium and they would have to find 350mill to pay off the loans if needed. (Which you could associate with stadium funding thus far) But that's to get a 700million stadium.

That surely is par for the course of buying a club who are having a new stadium built.

The question then is how much does moshiri want for his stake in club? And by the sounds of it, he is desperate enough that he will take structured payments which could be variabley priced depending if we are doing badly.

A fully finished and paid off stadium makes us worth more, if it needs a couple of hundred million still paying then it makes us worthy less. Those repayments could eat up all of the likely gains for a long time, increasing interest rates aren’t helping us either.

Having a new 100% mortgage on a house doesn’t make you any richer.
So how much are we worth then. Moshiri must have a price in mind. We must be worth X amount cause 777 are willing to pay that amount.

I can only think that the people we've leant money from either have ridiculous power and say in who buys us out, or they have structured their agreements in such a way that any competent new owner simply refuses to bend to.?

It will be in the T&C's of the loan that if any change in ownership happens they have the option of calling in the loan.

What is the price required. How much are we worth. We've got a new stadium so that will hike it up a bit. I remember when Kenwright was supposedly looking for a buyer years ago when city were bought. Everyone was saying, oh but City are more attractive cause they've got a new stadium. We're every bit as big a club as City and Newcastle for that mattter. So there must be someone out there lurking in the shadows.
Well from something I read the club is currently "worth" 470m.

And it would require somebody to spend around 1.2billion to buy it, pay off the debts and finish the Stadium.

Not to mention the cash needed for the playing staff.

So around 1.5billion, for a Championship club.

As I say, nobody with any sense would touch us with a barge pole.

Well from something I read the club is currently "worth" 470m.

And it would require somebody to spend around 1.2billion to buy it, pay off the debts and finish the Stadium.

Not to mention the cash needed for the playing staff.

So around 1.5billion, for a Championship club.

As I say, nobody with any sense would touch us with a barge pole.

Moshiri's equity is worth ZERO in my opinion based on the state the club is in.

Has the club taken any money from supporters regards the various hospitality packages at the new stadium ?
I would be very dubious about spending any money until the club comes out and tells us who is going to own the stadium.
I would rather stop going altogether than pay money to a group that have landed more debt on the club whilst leasing the ground back.
The fans are the ones who are completely taken for granted by these people they assume that they have 50000 mug punters who will happily turn up and watch any old crap at what ever inflated price they want to charge.
The supporters are the club what are they going to do with there big shiny stadium if nobody turns up and the place is empty.
We should not just bend over and let them shaft us enough is enough.
Was talking about this last night, as well as all those who have paid hard earned cash for paving etc. assume it still gets built and these are honoured, small change in real terms.

A factor in this equation is also Goodison Park. Does anyone have an idea of its value, I assume it's land value plus salvage less demolition work. 1m, 20m I'd love to know. Also what costs are involved for obtaining a safety cert. should the worst happen?

I still can't get me head around nobody else wanting to buy us out. I know we are a basket case run by these jokers, but they wouldn't be here. New owner, if they have money, could buy him out and surely sort out debt repayments (whether that's pay them in full or manage them better) and find required funds to finish a state if the art stadium?
Surely 900 million is not a terrible amount to find, to buy the club and get a brand spanking new stadium?

We're valued (by Mosh) at £1.1billion.

That's why.

So how much are we worth then. Moshiri must have a price in mind. We must be worth X amount cause 777 are willing to pay that amount.
It is hard to put an exact value on the club. There will be the new stadium and that will probably have a value of around 750m if the estimates are to believed. After that there is the money that Moshiri will want for his stake in the club but he is hardly in a strong position to get top dollar for his share.

There are other factors also to be considered :

The examination that is currently ongoing into our finances would have a big bearing depending on it's outcome.
Our current difficult position in the league and our position in recent seasons again means that the valuation can be different things. Yes we are a premiership club and that has value in itself, but for how long and that would also affect the valuation.

I have not a clue what the deal is anymore than anyone else but my feeling is that Moshiri will get relatively little money upfront but as time passes and if certain targets are met then he will get more and more money for his share... almost like add ons in a players transfer.
If the targets are not met then he takes a hit as does everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back