Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think that the people we've leant money from either have ridiculous power and say in who buys us out, or they have structured their agreements in such a way that any competent new owner simply refuses to bend to.?

Let’s say someone in your road has a nice car they are trying to sell to pay off their debts. Do you pay them the £15k they want now or wait until the bailiffs are carrying their furniture out of the house and offer then £7k. Well that’s the cutthroat world, there are plenty of suitors but the price hasn’t dropped enough yet.

Look at it the other way round. Say said car will almost certainly be worth £30k in 2 years time; do you still wait for the bailiffs and risk losing the chance to own it cos someone else pays up? Subject to passing an imminent and risky MOT.

I can only think that the people we've leant money from either have ridiculous power and say in who buys us out, or they have structured their agreements in such a way that any competent new owner simply refuses to bend to.?
It will cost somebody xxxx amount to buy a club that's only worth XX amount.

Nobody in their right mind would buy such a mess of a business.

Let’s say someone in your road has a nice car they are trying to sell to pay off their debts. Do you pay them the £15k they want now or wait until the bailiffs are carrying their furniture out of the house and offer then £7k. Well that’s the cutthroat world, there are plenty of suitors but the price hasn’t dropped enough yet.
Yes but surely if that swanky car has good potential and waiting for the car to be hammered around at the scrapyard, scratched and dented to fook, with no retail value in that condition (I.e relegated) then waiting to buy it for 7k is backward mentality?

If these are the only investors interested in us particularly with a new stadium almost ready shows what state these horrible lot have left the club in. Sickening to think we as fans have zero control over incompetence and greed at board level. If I ever win a billion quid I'm buying the club and putting @chicoazul in charge.
Welcome to The Sniderman Stadium on Bramley Moore Dock.

I still can't get me head around nobody else wanting to buy us out. I know we are a basket case run by these jokers, but they wouldn't be here. New owner, if they have money, could buy him out and surely sort out debt repayments (whether that's pay them in full or manage them better) and find required funds to finish a state if the art stadium?
Surely 900 million is not a terrible amount to find, to buy the club and get a brand spanking new stadium?
We have as a minimum:

£200m R&M Loan
£140m MSP Loan
£20m 777 Loan
£200m Stadium finance needed

That's £560m needed to cover current liabilities but I expect we will have other debt as well so probably nearer £600m. By all accounts Moshiri wants £500-600m for his equity. That's £1.1-1.2bn for a club that is loss making, needs huge investment in the playing squad and needs cash injections to stay afloat.

Moshiri should be giving the club away because we are worth nowhere near that much currently.

Look at it the other way round. Say said car will almost certainly be worth £30k in 2 years time; do you still wait for the bailiffs and risk losing the chance to own it cos someone else pays up? Subject to passing an imminent and risky MOT.
It’s about risk and hedging. They pay people thousands to work this kind of stuff out. There’s a chance we could dive down and never return, go out of business totally. They’re not fans, they see only the opportunity to make some money from our misery.

Has the club taken any money from supporters regards the various hospitality packages at the new stadium ?
I would be very dubious about spending any money until the club comes out and tells us who is going to own the stadium.
I would rather stop going altogether than pay money to a group that have landed more debt on the club whilst leasing the ground back.
The fans are the ones who are completely taken for granted by these people they assume that they have 50000 mug punters who will happily turn up and watch any old crap at what ever inflated price they want to charge.
The supporters are the club what are they going to do with there big shiny stadium if nobody turns up and the place is empty.
We should not just bend over and let them shaft us enough is enough.

It will cost somebody xxxx amount to buy a club that's only worth XX amount.

Nobody in their right mind would buy such a mess of a business.
Yes but the stadium cost which is linked to the loans is just that..a stadium that's gonna cost 700million, whether its had or got loans covering its cost, or its been subsidised by current owners personal money, that is simply a factor in the pricing?

Any new owner would have to factor in to the equation that the price they pay would be including a 700 million pound stadium.

If moshiri is so desperate to get out, that he's practically offering new owner to pay in installments with a variable price depending on clubs league position then that's not something that should put off a decent investor? What would be worse would be if moshiri is standing firm and demanding that his club is valued at 1.5 billion which new investors would laugh off.

Not at the price required.
What is the price required. How much are we worth. We've got a new stadium so that will hike it up a bit. I remember when Kenwright was supposedly looking for a buyer years ago when city were bought. Everyone was saying, oh but City are more attractive cause they've got a new stadium. We're every bit as big a club as City and Newcastle for that mattter. So there must be someone out there lurking in the shadows.

What is the price required. How much are we worth. We've got a new stadium so that will hike it up a bit. I remember when Kenwright was supposedly looking for a buyer years ago when city were bought. Everyone was saying, oh but City are more attractive cause they've got a new stadium. We're every bit as big a club as City and Newcastle for that mattter. So there must be someone out there lurking in the shadows.
A fully finished and paid off stadium makes us worth more, if it needs a couple of hundred million still paying then it makes us worthy less. Those repayments could eat up all of the likely gains for a long time, increasing interest rates aren’t helping us either.

Having a new 100% mortgage on a house doesn’t make you any richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back