• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we won’t even be here a club mate

f c everton will be the new one
download (10).webp

The crest for FC Everton.

it’s surely going to see us go under?

There’s no cash in the business it seems mate. If 777 fails, if Moshiri doesn’t put money in, if the business doesn’t generate money and continues to loose money - we have no way of creating cash flow. So something has to give. Unless we limp to January and make a sale.

The nature of the 777 loan is worrying as it looks like a necessity to keep things ticking over for a short period. The fact that we need 20 mill in the context of the scale of the costs we have on ongoing basis and what we owe is hugely concerning. I’d be happier if it was 250 mill, if that makes sense. Essentially we’ve had to put this months expenditure on because in a credit card fir basics for the month because we’ve no money it seems.

Its outstandingly poor business.
Any benefits of said new stadium financially are dwarfed by the interest costs.

24m per year on that loan.
Another 10 or so on other loans.

Id absolutely take admin, relegation and starting again if it means we rid ourselves of this regime plus any other that is going to not fix the issues.

Sod carrying on as we are for the next fifty years because we're paying interest.

i think mate admin and relegation we don’t come back

but right now we’re sinking anyway i guess

we spent 500 million 5 years ago seems to be the excuse for everything, be different if we had a huge wage bill with 10 players earning 150 bags a week but the wage bills been slashed to death players sold etc , even the msm usmanov sponership was 30 mill a year but somehow we’re 20 mill short every month ?
It’s the stadium financing that’s the problem. Ironically the football side of the business is probably in the best state it’s been in for years. Net gain on transfer dealings, wage bill slashed. The problem is we need cash to pay the builders. I’ve said elsewhere in this thread but the numbers involved to a wealthy investor are small in comparison to a lot of other clubs. £1 billion would cover debts and finance the stadium. Man Utd had several bidders interested up to £5 billion- and that was just to take control. I’m in no way saying we’re like for like, but in the world of football owners, Everton are still comparatively cheap.

So we owe Rights and Media £200m+

They charge at-least 12% interest.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that this loan alone will cost £24m per year to service… and that’s without the other debt.

on a turnover of £180m that’s a hefty sum, it really is

Add in the MSP loan, and the new ones from 777, all of which will be on similarly grim terms and the size of the hole we have fallen into is all too apparent

we spent 500 million 5 years ago seems to be the excuse for everything, be different if we had a huge wage bill with 10 players earning 150 bags a week but the wage bills been slashed to death players sold etc , even the msm usmanov sponership was 30 mill a year but somehow we’re 20 mill short every month ?

Thats the thing mate, doesn’t really matter what we spent, the clubs been loss making.

Many think we posted a profit for 22/23, we may have in the last window - with a year ahead. Seems that’s all gone on cash flow, yet we still need to borrow money for nothing but paying bills…..a low sum of £20 mill given the context that’s nothing really, if we’re struggling now, it’s concerning that we have another 250 mill to raise for the ground and need to borrow £20 right now to pay bills.

It’s the stadium financing that’s the problem. Ironically the football side of the business is probably in the best state it’s been in for years. Net gain on transfer dealings, wage bill slashed. The problem is we need cash to pay the builders. I’ve said elsewhere in this thread but the numbers involved to a wealthy investor are small in comparison to a lot of other clubs. £1 billion would cover debts and finance the stadium. Man Utd had several bidders interested up to £5 billion- and that was just to take control. I’m in no way saying we’re like for like, but in the world of football owners, Everton are still comparatively cheap.

bit are these loans goin on the staduim build or the day to day running of the club like it’s reported

bit are these loans goin on the staduim build or the day to day running of the club like it’s reported
Doesn’t matter really- the problem is the money we’re bringing in each month isn’t covering the cost of running the football business and covering the stadium building costs. If we weren’t building a stadium, we’d be able to cover day to day running costs. An investor is required to pay for the stadium build. On a purely football team accounts level- we have probably balanced the books last year, or even turned a profit.

Lawnmowers ain’t cheap mate

The new reports of cash flow loans are now as worrying as to when are we going to win a match …. how have we sunk so low ?
I always try and some optimism but finding it very difficult .. mentioned administration to my wife tonight and her response was “ah well it will put you out of your misery “ Got used to and almost accepted the on field struggles but we are now at all time low and need rescuing quickly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back