777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have a big enough fan base that some sort of bond or share issue could raise a substantial amount of money, probably hasn’t been considered by Moshiri and co as it involves an element of creativity and innovation.

That idea was thought of back in 2016 at the start to raise 40 million.

But it got pulled as it's a bad look to expect a Billionaire to do and he put the money in himself.

I thought they did. Apologies if wrong.
They veto’ed the MSP deal as it would have been a minority investment only, and R&M didn’t think the amount MSP were paying for their share (25%) was a fair reflection of the shares worth, and as R&M have a security in the club, didn’t agree to it.

A full takeover (which I was implying), would see the new investor buying all of Moshiri’s shares AND paying off the R&M loan / facility. R&M in this case wouldn’t have a say in the matter as long as the new investor agreed to settle any existing debt that Everton had with R&M.

I thought they did. Apologies if wrong.
A full takeover by a wealthy investor- e.g. Jim Ratcliffe or the Qataris, would involve clearing debt. Lenders like Bill’s shady mates would have their money paid back with an early settlement charge, a bit like if you were to pay off your mortgage early and have to pay a fee. 777 and MSP don’t have the funds to buy the club AND pay of debts, which is why existing lenders have a significant say over who invests in the club as it impacts on their investment/loan.

A full takeover by a wealthy investor- e.g. Jim Ratcliffe or the Qataris, would involve clearing debt. Lenders like Bill’s shady mates would have their money paid back with an early settlement charge, a bit like if you were to pay off your mortgage early and have to pay a fee. 777 and MSP don’t have the funds to buy the club AND pay of debts, which is why existing lenders have a significant say over who invests in the club as it impacts on their investment/loan.

Ah OK. Thanks.

Surely any investor then will try and do a deal whereby they get the club for a nominal amount and take on the debts.

The math for this sale just doesn't work. If the cash bleed is to the tune of a quarter of a billion pounds annually, which is consistent with the claim that we still need two hundred million to finish the stadium, next year we'll be 600 million pounds in debt. The stadium will not generate enough new revenue to pay the interest on the loans, much less let 777 take out enough to pay their own interest charges for the portion of the club purchase they finance.

Piling debt on the club like this will just make the inevitable fall worse when it happens. If we stay up, we'll have to sell players to keep the flow of payments going, and we'll end up with a League One roster of players. The only way I can see us dodging administration is if the Prem blocks the sale, and Moshiri has to slash his asking price to attract a buyer with actual capital who can clear the debts.

We aren't even attractive to a sports washing investment
depressing stuff

depressing stuff
That’s why I think a broker should be involved- like Amanda Staveley did with Newcastle. In many ways we’re better suited to sports washing/ wealthy benefactor with the new stadium. It could easily be the ‘Qatar Airways Stadium’ or the ‘Ineos stadium.’

It may be naivety, it may be me just trying to kid myself, but I just can’t see us going into administration. And I don’t think we’ll end up being majority owned by 777 at any point.

From a footballing aspect, I can see things getting worse before they get better (relegation seems more likely than not at this point, regardless of who owns us in the immediate future).

But at the end of the day, we’re still Everton Football Club. I simply can’t NOT see, and refuse to believe, that there isn’t a handful of billionaires / state funds keeping a very close eye on us, waiting to pounce when we’re at our lowest ebb and most vulnerable, to maximise their investment and to acquire a club of our size.

My prediction is that this will happen within 3 months, it will be someone out of the blue, and then they will do all they can in the January market in a bid to keep us in the Premier League, rather than have to rebuild in the Championship. Pretty much similar to how the Newcastle takeover went.
Yeah i could see them having a short term view with us aswell with them getting the stadium done. Then hopefully see them increase the revenue at the club making the books look better. So they can get the most money they can get

They veto’ed the MSP deal as it would have been a minority investment only, and R&M didn’t think the amount MSP were paying for their share (25%) was a fair reflection of the shares worth, and as R&M have a security in the club, didn’t agree to it.

A full takeover (which I was implying), would see the new investor buying all of Moshiri’s shares AND paying off the R&M loan / facility. R&M in this case wouldn’t have a say in the matter as long as the new investor agreed to settle any existing debt that Everton had with R&M.
That’s a takeover with a recapitalization.

A full takeover just means control moves from one group or person to another.

No one is looking to recapitalize Everton under Moshiris terms.

depressing stuff
IMG_1251.webp

That’s why I think a broker should be involved- like Amanda Staveley did with Newcastle. In many ways we’re better suited to sports washing/ wealthy benefactor with the new stadium. It could easily be the ‘Qatar Airways Stadium’ or the ‘Ineos stadium.’
Agreed
Amazing to me how the Qatari kept upping his bid(getting shafted by the glaziers) when he could buy us for a fifth of that and do a serious job
Might not be in it for the long haul and Utd would of course be a better vanity project at the moment

The fact nobody but dodgy vulture funds are looking at us is astounding.
Still a PL club with most of a stadium built as you say.
We have the legacy too, just needs a bit of dusting

The only thing thats gives me any solace is looking at Man Citys recent performance. They sank to the lowest of low and then rose up to be where they are now - the noise around FFP will fizzle out for them im sure.
Maybe we are getting close to our own low point, perhaps FFP will sink us lower who knows. Perhaps 777 can do something to stop the rot, or perhaps they will be our new low point. In any case we need some 'disruption' to stop the steady decline caused by Kenwright and his lack if vision. Its all risdiculously depressing.

That’s a takeover with a recapitalization.

A full takeover just means control moves from one group or person to another.

No one is looking to recapitalize Everton under Moshiris terms.
If a serious billionaire or state fund came in for us, more likely than not it would be a straight out purchase of Moshiri’s shares at an agreed upfront price, settle all outstanding debts that they want to (or that are required to to allow the takeover to be completed), and start again from scratch.

We need someone with a really long term view.

The Football club has loans of 200 million based on future TV money payments at a high interest rate no doubt.

Not sure that is classed as the best financial state if I'm being honest.
Very true it isn’t the best but it’s the best financial state the football club has been in for a considerable time, as desperate as that may be. 777 have no interest in the football club… yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back