777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I posted 'however the deals were worked'.

We might not have spent out much in regards to how the payments are spread and what we brought in.
But these players still have wages each week..

And yes I know we are completely fcuked, and things are only going to get worse for a good while yet.

Was MSP really ever what we thought it was going to be, if it took that whole period of Exclusivity to finally find out it got knocked back by a loan company most people had never even heard of before. Surely that would have been known pretty early on..

You would expect it to have formed part of the due diligence during the period of exclusivity...but this is Everton we're talking about 🙄

That being said, they may have found out early on and it took the rest of the time to renogotiate the straight loan instead. MSP would have almost certainly needed to re-consult with their investors and it would have taken time to put the legal/ logistical side of it in place.

If Administration was really the case, we wouldn't have paid a penny out during the window ( however the payment of the deals were worked )

The 20mil from 777 is probably to pay off Dyche and his team and bring in a new manager.
Why not? We needed players in and the hope is that we would find someone to step in. You plan to avoid administration, you don’t prepare for it and staying in the premiership is part of the avoidance.

Worst case scenario and money needs to be redirected into the daily running of the club....surely they just stop the BMD build and if need be sell one of our players who might be worth something (Pickford, Branthwaite, Onana) in January in the hope that sees I'd through for another couple of months.

If the build stopped then that would be the red flag surely that the well has run dry.

If Administration was really the case, we wouldn't have paid a penny out during the window ( however the payment of the deals were worked )

The 20mil from 777 is probably to pay off Dyche and his team and bring in a new manager.
The 20mil, like the 100m from MSP and the 40mil for Gordon will almost all be going to the builders. At this point we are just trying to piece anything together on a month to month basis to get them paid.

Worst case scenario and money needs to be redirected into the daily running of the club....surely they just stop the BMD build and if need be sell one of our players who might be worth something (Pickford, Branthwaite, Onana) in January in the hope that sees I'd through for another couple of months.

If the build stopped then that would be the red flag surely that the well has run dry.
Can we just stop? I bet contractually we can not and it would likely cost more then to start it again. That’s before you factor in contracts for equipment etc. Being desperate to sell isn’t a good look and as has been pointed out, these sales are paid over years not lump sums.

If you demobilise a site a lot of the people working on it would take other contracts for work and people would be wary about coming back to work on it.

Would be a logistical nightmare plus orders for materials and equipment on long leadtimes would have to be honoured.

Can we just stop? I bet contractually we can not and it would likely cost more then to start it again. That’s before you factor in contracts for equipment etc. Being desperate to sell isn’t a good look and as has been pointed out, these sales are paid over years not lump sums.

Honestly I don't know the contract situation mate, but if there is no money to continue otherwise the club folds, then surely they can't continue. I can't envisage a scenario where we have to say 'right, Everton have gone into administration and folded but we are continuing to build the stadium as we promised to hold the North West National Morris Dancing Chanpionships there in January 2025 and don't want to let them down".

I'm no financial expert mate so just really posting my own thoughts on the matter

The 20mil, like the 100m from MSP and the 40mil for Gordon will almost all be going to the builders. At this point we are just trying to piece anything together on a month to month basis to get them paid.

If we take it the stadium is to be handed over in Dec next year and we still have to raise 250 mill for the remaining cost, you can assume its about 16-17mill a month that needs to go to LOR and i believe we pay monthly.

Its quite bananas we are at over two years into the build and funding isn't in place.

If you demobilise a site a lot of the people working on it would take other contracts for work and people would be wary about coming back to work on it.

Would be a logistical nightmare plus orders for materials and equipment on long leadtimes would have to be honoured.

Yes I totally get that mate but read my next post and in a hypothetical scenario where we can't continue if it means the club itself ceases to exist or enters administration.

Honestly I don't know the contract situation mate, but if there is no money to continue otherwise the club folds, then surely they can't continue. I can't envisage a scenario where we have to say 'right, Everton have gone into administration and folded but we are continuing to build the stadium as we promised to hold the North West National Morris Dancing Chanpionships there in January 2025 and don't want to let them down".

I'm no financial expert mate so just really posting my own thoughts on the matter

I remember reading somewhere before that in the contract if we couldn't complete the stadium we had to pay £50 mill toward the cost to return the site to a dock.

I remember reading somewhere before that in the contract if we couldn't complete the stadium we had to pay £50 mill toward the cost to return the site to a dock.

Yes I remember reading something similar but thought it was 100m

So there's an option then isn't it. Find 250m to finish the build or call it quits and find 50m to knock it down and put it back to it's original state.

If that was the option and the difference between going into administration and points deductions/possibly folding, then I think nearly every Evertonian would take the absolute gut wrenching hit of knowing the stadium is killing us and we would be down there now dismantling it

If we take it the stadium is to be handed over in Dec next year and we still have to raise 250 mill for the remaining cost, you can assume its about 16-17mill a month that needs to go to LOR and i believe we pay monthly.

Its quite bananas we are at over two years into the build and funding isn't in place.
And our esteemed board which comprised of Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp and Ingles didn't see fit to kick up a fuss over this plan of funding it.

They've all got blood on their hands as it's death by a thousand cuts to our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back