777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a serious billionaire or state fund came in for us, more likely than not it would be a straight out purchase of Moshiri’s shares at an agreed upfront price, settle all outstanding debts that they want to (or that are required to to allow the takeover to be completed), and start again from scratch.

We need someone with a really long term view.
If that person/group existed, they would have already shown themselves. Like Moshiri did years ago.

No one is giving Moshiri what he wants for the club and recapitalizing it.

If that person/group existed, they would have already shown themselves. Like Moshiri did years ago.

No one is giving Moshiri what he wants for the club and recapitalizing it.
Well when MoshirI showed himself he WAS meant to be that person. And back then, Kenwright was in a position to be very selective to who he sold to. Rumours abound there was a lot of interest prior to that from proper big hitters (the Man City lot for example), but Moshiri was a better option for Kenwright on a personal level.

Right now, Moshiri cannot afford to be selective in the same way, hence why this 777 agreement reeks of a desperation deal. The way things are looking, and potentially heading, if we become an even more distressed asset, we could become an even more attractive option for people who would perhaps be prepared to offer Moshiri more than currently on the table from 777, and whom would potentially be a better option for Everton Football Club.

Like I said, possibly just wishful thinking on my behalf, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if something left-field was to happen over the coming months.

Well when MoshirI showed himself he WAS meant to be that person. And back then, Kenwright was in a position to be very selective to who he sold to. Rumours abound there was a lot of interest prior to that from proper big hitters (the Man City lot for example), but Moshiri was a better option for Kenwright on a personal level.

Right now, Moshiri cannot afford to be selective in the same way, hence why this 777 agreement reeks of a desperation deal. The way things are looking, and potentially heading, if we become an even more distressed asset, we could become an even more attractive option for people who would perhaps be prepared to offer Moshiri more than currently on the table from 777, and whom would potentially be a better option for Everton Football Club.

Like I said, possibly just wishful thinking on my behalf, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if something left-field was to happen over the coming months.
Distressed assets don’t increase in value the further the process moves along. Moshiri is not getting any more than he is getting in this deal, it’s the only way that 777 is even under consideration.

We only become more attractive if the price goes down.

If this deal falls through yes, someone with more financial clout could come in and pick up the distressed asset. But that means either Moshiri is taking less or the club is in administration.

Distressed assets don’t increase in value the further the process moves along. Moshiri is not getting any more than he is getting in this deal, it’s the only way that 777 is even under consideration.

If this deal falls through yes, someone with more financial clout could come in and pick up the distressed asset. But that means either Moshiri is taking less or the club is in administration.
Agree fully with that. I didn’t explain myself very well. Personally I think Moshiri has approached this with a view as to what’s best for himself, not Everton (as you’d probably expect anyone in his position to do). But if / when the 777 doesn’t go ahead, due to either PL / FCA blocking it, or 777 failing to come up with the required funds, then at that point Moshiri would be forced to look at other options, options that ultimately could be to the benefit of Everton. Which for some reason I have a feeling will happen.

I was talking more about people’s fears of us going into Administration, I just can’t see that happening to an asset of Everton’s stature.

The likelihood of anyone else coming in now to swoop ahead of 777 is remote at best.

Like you say, Moshiri wants far too much for his equity given the absolute state we are in. He almost has to give us away in my opinion. If the 777 deal fails and we end up in Adminstration, which is highly likely, then I expect to see considerably more interest from better suitors.

Agree fully with that. I didn’t explain myself very well. Personally I think Moshiri has approached this with a view as to what’s best for himself, not Everton (as you’d probably expect anyone in his position to do). But if / when the 777 doesn’t go ahead, due to either PL / FCA blocking it, or 777 failing to come up with the required funds, then at that point Moshiri would be forced to look at other options, options that ultimately could be to the benefit of Everton. Which for some reason I have a feeling will happen.

I was talking more about people’s fears of us going into Administration, I just can’t see that happening to an asset of Everton’s stature.

I think it's inevitable if the 777 deal fails.

No-one else is interested in us, we are in an absolute mess financially and have a half finished stadium. Moshiri won't/can't put any more money into the club so given we appear unable to meet our ongoing commitments due to the inability to secure the necessary stadium finance then Administration is the next step.

We'll see much more interest in the club if it enters Administration because Moshiri won't be demanding £500-600m for his equity at that point!

If Administration was really the case, we wouldn't have paid a penny out during the window ( however the payment of the deals were worked )

The 20mil from 777 is probably to pay off Dyche and his team and bring in a new manager.

If Administration was really the case, we wouldn't have paid a penny out during the window ( however the payment of the deals were worked )

The 20mil from 777 is probably to pay off Dyche and his team and bring in a new manager.

We spent about £5m, everything else was kicked down the road. We will have received more than that from the players sold so will have a positive cash balance from player trading.

Administration is only on the cards because the MSP investment fell through and there is the potential that the subsequent 777 sale will also. A business doesn't cease trading/operating because there is the potential for administration at some point in the future if planned investment doesn't materialise.

We will continue as normal until the last possible moment.

We spent about £5m, everything else was kicked down the road. We will have received more than that from the players sold so will have a positive cash balance from player trading.

Administration is only on the cards because the MSP investment fell through and there is the potential that the subsequent 777 sale will also. A business doesn't cease trading/operating because there is the potential for administration at some point in the future if planned investment doesn't materialise.

We will continue as normal until the last possible moment.
That is why I posted 'however the deals were worked'.

We might not have spent out much in regards to how the payments are spread and what we brought in.
But these players still have wages each week..

And yes I know we are completely fcuked, and things are only going to get worse for a good while yet.

Was MSP really ever what we thought it was going to be, if it took that whole period of Exclusivity to finally find out it got knocked back by a loan company most people had never even heard of before. Surely that would have been known pretty early on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back