777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Esk had a 2hr chat with their CEO or something and came to the conclusion we're gonna be shafted.

Nice.
Yep, here's our guy celebrating -

1696158595502.webp

Is there anything to suggest the PL will apply a more stringent test, than say, Serie A for Genoa?

Some information in this regard would be helpful specifically if the "tests' are based on measured criteria, or a more loose subjective judgement.

Is there anything to suggest the PL will apply a more stringent test, than say, Serie A for Genoa?

Some information in this regard would be helpful specifically if the "tests' are based on measured criteria, or a more loose subjective judgement.

They don't really. Bottom line is "where's the money". They've let in a Saudi state with one owner the CIA said killed a journalist and have horrific human rights issues.

Shady backgrounds don't matter. Where the money is does which in the interest of the league.

The only issue will be these late payment shouts they've been accused off. That is a red flag.

Now we've painted ourselves destitute, invited them to training and games, pumped money into the club...the League will no doubt see that and welcome them with open arms

They don't really. Bottom line is "where's the money". They've let in a Saudi state with one owner the CIA said killed a journalist and have horrific human rights issues.

Shady backgrounds don't matter. Where the money is does which in the interest of the league.

The only issue will be these late payment shouts they've been accused off. That is a red flag.

Now we've painted ourselves destitute, invited them to training and games, pumped money into the club...the League will no doubt see that and welcome them with open arms
I don’t think they will.
Their history of failing to honour debts and the damage this has caused will be a problem for them , especially with the FCA being involved.
This kind of habitual financial impropriety does not recommend anyone to be proven a secure owner of a PL club .
I also think that unless they can categorically prove they have the necessary funds available to purchase and maintain the club , that they will face an uphill battle for approval.
And at the moment most financial commentators are of the opinion they lack the necessary finances.

I don’t think they will.
Their history of failing to honour debts and the damage this has caused will be a problem for them , especially with the FCA being involved.
This kind of habitual financial impropriety does not recommend anyone to be proven a secure owner of a PL club .
I also think that unless they can categorically prove they have the necessary funds available to purchase and maintain the club , that they will face an uphill battle for approval.
And at the moment most financial commentators are of the opinion they lack the necessary finances.

As far as I know haven't the premier league only ever rejected one takeover...and that was Newcastle? Mainly due to them unable to prove they're not solely ran by a state (lol) and the piracy of showing games in the middle east.

Again 100% self interest.

We're in a league that allowed Shinawatra, PIF, Glazers, Venkys, Hicks and Gillette, Alexandre Gaydamak, Sulaiman al-Fahim, and Ali al-Faraj. Al (all at Portsmouth).

They'll get through.

After a lot of thought and researching 777 need to make a profit for there investment / investors . How can they turn this mess in to a profitable business . simple - they cant . Hopefully there are others waiting in the wings to see how desperate Moshiri becomes and then step in . Surely there must be a better way !

The Saudis also had the benefit of the UK government putting pressure on the PL to protect the weapons sales and other exports.

777 don’t have that leverage so I think the PL will be more stringent when considering their ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back