Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an article last week where he said "if we carry on the way we have over previous years and went down." It could lead to administration. We must've cut the wage bill down from the 90 odd percent of our turnover plus player sales where £60 odd million has been brought in from academy players is good for the accounts i believe. I just dont want kenwrights mates calling in their debt knowing we couldnt pay and taking £200m of the club in shares instead. This may be fronted by chaiman bill who im sure is keeping his mates well informed.
Precisely what looks to be going on. Chairman Bill conveniently ill and uncontactable is another red flag.

The 777 clubs are not faring very well on the pitch. Melbourne Victory, who were bought in October 2022, finished 11th in the 12-team A-League in 2022. Hertha Berlin, who suffered the ignominy of relegation in 2022-23, are currently next to bottom in Bundesliga 2, Europa League holders Sevilla are staring up from the foot of La Liga, Standard Liege are without a win in their six games, Vasco da Gama are struggling against relegation in Brazil and Genoa are below mid-table in Italy. Only Red Star Paris, who play in the third tier of French football, are faring well so far this season. It is early days, but there are some unhappy fans out there who are struggling to believe in the process.

Lordy.

The 777 clubs are not faring very well on the pitch. Melbourne Victory, who were bought in October 2022, finished 11th in the 12-team A-League in 2022. Hertha Berlin, who suffered the ignominy of relegation in 2022-23, are currently next to bottom in Bundesliga 2, Europa League holders Sevilla are staring up from the foot of La Liga, Standard Liege are without a win in their six games, Vasco da Gama are struggling against relegation in Brazil and Genoa are below mid-table in Italy. Only Red Star Paris, who play in the third tier of French football, are faring well so far this season. It is early days, but there are some unhappy fans out there who are struggling to believe in the process.

Lordy.
For the record I dont really have an issue with an ownership group who wants to make profits, and I think a number of them can be very good for the club. The good ones make their profits by instilling the right people who know what they are doing, so they get better sponsorships, higher revenue, scout and buy the right players who produce profits, and in the end allow a better product on the field than the likes of Moshiri and Bill.

But 777 seem to have bought a lot of clubs in a short period of time and convinced themselves they know what they are doing because they have a couple of years of balanced sheets. Its easy to buy a club and have a good looking financial sheet for a year or so. But you also need long term success, you cant make a team profitable by losing and getting relegated, and I dont think they have any idea what they are doing in that regard, and are just new enough at it they dont even know their incompetence yet. If you can build a balance sheet but cant build a squad you are sunk in the sport and all your "profits" will soon be gone.

Apologies if already posted..... 777 Portfolio

Genoa 19th in the league, out of 20 teams (In relegation zone)
Sevilla 18th out of 20 (In relegation zone)
Standard Liege 14th out of 16 (In relegation zone)
Red Star 10th out of 18
Vasco de Gama 18th out of 20 teams (In relegation zone)
Melbourne Victory 11th of 12 teams

Early days but a common theme....

How were all these teams been doing in the 2/3 seasons before 777 came in? How long have they been at these clubs?

It's a whole if they're taking on struggling clubs, on the flip side if they have had time to get their feet under the table and they all got worse, then that is a major concern.

Is there any insight into who is funding them? Obviously isn't sustainable to make continued losses. It's been mentioned numerous times about their clubs not performing particularly well, so there isn't imminent gold on the horizon. So where is the cash actually coming from?

We've spent the best part of the last decade questioning where our finances have come from, is this going to be the same?

How were all these teams been doing in the 2/3 seasons before 777 came in? How long have they been at these clubs?

It's a whole if they're taking on struggling clubs, on the flip side if they have had time to get their feet under the table and they all got worse, then that is a major concern.
Not that I am supporting them coming in but some of the stats are a little misleading. They bought Melbourne in September 22 after the Australian transfer window shut and they bought Hertha Berlin in March 23 when they were in the relegation zone.

Ill give the history a go. Youll notice almost all of them were purchased in a 6 months period so they dont have much experience past that:

Genoa had hovered around 17th, they bought them a couple months into the 21/22 season, where they were relegated. They were in the relegation zone when purchased. They were promoted back into Serie A where they are this season.

Vasco De Gama prior to 777 Partners purchase in 22 finished 10th. For that season after purchase they finished 4th.

Red Star was purhcased in 2022, having finished 7th and 11th in prior seasons. They finished 3rd in 22/23.

Standard Liege had finished 14th in 21/22. They were purchased prior to 22/23, where they then finished 6th.

Sevilla they invested in 2018, but only own 15% and so do not have say on matters. Then Sevilla finished around 6th, since then Sevilla has finished 4th, except 22/23 when they were 12th.

For the record I dont really have an issue with an ownership group who wants to make profits, and I think a number of them can be very good for the club. The good ones make their profits by instilling the right people who know what they are doing, so they get better sponsorships, higher revenue, scout and buy the right players who produce profits, and in the end allow a better product on the field than the likes of Moshiri and Bill.

But 777 seem to have bought a lot of clubs in a short period of time and convinced themselves they know what they are doing because they have a couple of years of balanced sheets. Its easy to buy a club and have a good looking financial sheet for a year or so. But you also need long term success, you cant make a team profitable by losing and getting relegated, and I dont think they have any idea what they are doing in that regard, and are just new enough at it they dont even know their incompetence yet. If you can build a balance sheet but cant build a squad you are sunk in the sport and all your "profits" will soon be gone.
It's classic money laundering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back