Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes for bad reading. Staggering that it has come to this. Surely someone out there can recognise a sleeping giant?
With unknown murky loan sharks lending the club money at ridiculous rates and having a say on who can invest in the background, a squad with the bare minimum of quality (who will almost certainly have to sell a starting eleven player again in January), which needs lots of players who don’t treat a football like a used syringe just to guarantee safety each year. Another inevitable manager and staff pay out to factor in and construction costs spiralling on an unfinished new stadium.

All of the above needs finance now and for the foreseeable future while the club is still living hand to mouth, incurring ridiculous fees and loan rates, while the 2 massive anchors who weigh the club down through incompetence and a reluctance to take a financial hit for their meddling drop their knickers for ponzi people even shadier than them.

The club will be far cheaper to buy soon. I’m beginning to think administration is the only cure from this constant malaise.

As mentioned above, this is different (not better or worse).

No one ever questioned if Usmanov and Moshiri had cash. There are all sorts of questions about these guys and cash.

How they have operated thus far? Structured settlements is a pretty distasteful business, but legal.

They prey on desperate/financially illiterate people. But that falls on the people too, there's a personal responsibility aspect that is missing in most of these situations.

How they operate the BBL, their clubs, their airlines? The biggest questions all surround cash.
Good perspective. God only knows what will happen.

UTFTs!

IMG_6150.webp

Looking at the business model, it screams intricate ponzi scam.
I don't think so. IMO they're running the acquisitions version of a subprime lending company, which is one way to describe what fueled the 1980's junk bond craze. Buy distressed company fronting very little of your own money, cut costs, leverage its assets to assist in purchasing the next target to keep the chain going.

That collapsed as a business model back then for two reasons: regulatory scrutiny and a rising interest rate environment. They're set up to dodge the one. They can't do anything about the other. If the music stops and the appetite for high-yield debt disappears, they're probably in real trouble.

The more you learn about them and their business practices the more I conclude that there is a higher chance of a camel passing through the eye of a needle than this group passing any fit and proper person test.
Of course that is without allowing for ineptness, cowardice and greed amongst the football authorities.
Great bible reference lol

Not defending 777 in any way, but I do find the people constantly posting stories of their alleged business practices very hypocritical.

I mean do we think Moshiri & Usmanovs money was clean & all above board?! Did anyone ever complain about Usmanovs source of wealth?

I’d wager nearly every wealthy owner/ state has a murky backstory
You don't get to be a multi billionaire without treading on a few toes.

Not defending 777 in any way, but I do find the people constantly posting stories of their alleged business practices very hypocritical.

I mean do we think Moshiri & Usmanovs money was clean & all above board?! Did anyone ever complain about Usmanovs source of wealth?

Yes. Many of us were shouted down and branded traitors for not supporting the club but yes 100% there were many of us who complained about Usmanov. Mosh and Usmanov are criminals and I said as much years ago. It appears we weren’t loud enough so maybe we need to be even louder with 777?

I think we should make it clear to the Prem that we will hold them responsible if they approve 777 and they destroy our club. Make it clear in no uncertain terms there will be a load of lunatic football fans blaming them directly. They live without consequence. We can’t touch the billionaires but we can touch the regular ass people at the Prem who rubber stamp the next set of criminals to run our club into the ground. Hold them accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back