Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Important to remember that anyone can sue anyone, and in America they generally do. There may well be substance to the allegations, but it might be an ex-employee settlement fishing: call their reputation into question and hope they pay to make it go away.

What we're not seeing is any proof of anything: there's some allegations against them but no actual legal findings against them, and on the flip side we are not seeing proof from them in terms of the amount and source of their funding. It's all cause for concern but it's very hard to draw any actual conclusions.

Important to remember that anyone can sue anyone, and in America they generally do. There may well be substance to the allegations, but it might be an ex-employee settlement fishing: call their reputation into question and hope they pay to make it go away.

What we're not seeing is any proof of anything: there's some allegations against them but no actual legal findings against them, and on the flip side we are not seeing proof from them in terms of the amount and source of their funding. It's all cause for concern but it's very hard to draw any actual conclusions.
If it talks like a Kenwright, looks like a Kenwright, acts like a Kenwright, I'd hazard a guess it's dodgy.

Not defending 777 in any way, but I do find the people constantly posting stories of their alleged business practices very hypocritical.

I mean do we think Moshiri & Usmanovs money was clean & all above board?! Did anyone ever complain about Usmanovs source of wealth?

I’d wager nearly every wealthy owner/ state has a murky backstory

Not defending 777 in any way, but I do find the people constantly posting stories of their alleged business practices very hypocritical.

I mean do we think Moshiri & Usmanovs money was clean & all above board?! Did anyone ever complain about Usmanovs source of wealth?

Usmanov was minted and could pay his bills.

The problem here is different. The concern is that they don't have the cashflow to cover present operations, plus the present rate of expansion.

If they hit the wall, they either have to start the fire sale of subsidiaries to keep the lights on at others, or file bankruptcy/go into administration. Since administration comes at the price of a points penalty likely to relegate us, there's cause for concern.

I spent years looking at consumer credit reports and making up-or-down recommendations. If you see someone robbing Peter to pay Paul by running up debt in short order, that story always ends the same way: in bankruptcy court. So the answer is "no" when asked to extend or refinance debt, because the lender always loses. The problem is a bit more complex when it comes to a business, but transparency is not too much to ask. If they won't provide it, they probably have something to hide.

As mentioned above, this is different (not better or worse).

No one ever questioned if Usmanov and Moshiri had cash. There are all sorts of questions about these guys and cash.

How they have operated thus far? Structured settlements is a pretty distasteful business, but legal.

They prey on desperate/financially illiterate people. But that falls on the people too, there's a personal responsibility aspect that is missing in most of these situations.

How they operate the BBL, their clubs, their airlines? The biggest questions all surround cash.

It's all a bit bizarre really, it's all guess work. I don't recall anyone else getting this level of scrutiny from potential dodgy owners. (I do think they're dodgy btw).

The problem here is different. The concern is that they don't have the cashflow to cover present operations, plus the present rate of expansion.

If they hit the wall, they either have to start the fire sale of subsidiaries to keep the lights on at others, or file bankruptcy/go into administration. Since administration comes at the price of a points penalty likely to relegate us, there's cause for concern.

I spent years looking at consumer credit reports and making up-or-down recommendations. If you see someone robbing Peter to pay Paul by running up debt in short order, that story always ends the same way: in bankruptcy court. So the answer is "no" when asked to extend or refinance debt, because the lender always loses. The problem is a bit more complex when it comes to a business, but transparency is not too much to ask. If they won't provide it, they probably have something to hide.

I agree with a lot of thst.

We do deserve transparency, but a lot of the alleged stories about them are just that.

Some are factual and that’s fine, but the ones that just spread fear mongering amongst fans, which I just can’t get behind and find both hypocritical & unhelpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back