Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
See that top line and bottom line I’ve bolded? That’s why we’re in trouble, we’re owned by a sham of a billionaire who was fronting the money for an oligarch and kept on the single worst chairman in the club’s history twice, who’s ailing health means he can’t even physically do his job

A past it manager who was given the basis of a squad that had tailed off from challenging for Europe and decided to destroy our creativity by turfing out two popular players, one in the summer, one in winter and had zero care or answer to stopping our slide down the table

Lampard proved not to be the answer in the end but he actually gave a toss about the job and was pretty much the only figure at the club standing when the board and owner went persona non grata for weeks

777 might not be the whole answer but they’ll put actual people who know what they’re doing on footballing matters in charge to help stem the deep wounds Moshiri, Kenwright and co have left behind

If that was the case then why are Man City, PSG, Chelsea, RS, Utd, Arsenal and now Newcastle benefitting from massive investment over the years ?

You keep blaming the fact we've spent a lot of money which is wrong sir.

The money was never the problem - the people spending it badly were the problem.

If that was the case then why are Man City, PSG, Chelsea, RS, Utd, Arsenal and now Newcastle benefitting from massive investment over the years ?

The money was never the problem - the people spending it badly were the problem.

I’ll answer that question for you. Because the people that own them have bothered to actually put a structure in place throughout the football club and appoint competent people to spend the money, and have also made sure their commercial income sufficiently balances out their outgoings in order to comply with spending rules.

I don't have any details obviously, but they're not using their own money to purchase Everton, and it looks like they're getting financing from A-Cap for the others as well.

Given that, I'm sure there are covenants related to how cash flow between the entities that would likely prevent something like that happening.

Why would there be a covenant mate - whose interests would that be in?

The Athletic makes out that's UK only merit. International TV deal merits doubles that figure based on the new TV deal

City made £70 odd mill last season on merit based prize money finishing top.

That's the aggregate based on domestic and international merit last year mate - haven't looked at this year to be fair. ;)

Last edited:

Why would there be a covenant mate - whose interests would that be in?

Besides, the cash cow is PL revenues. I don't think they would put that in jeopardy to get Standard Liege to the early stages of the Champions League. That would be nuts. I've never questioned their intellect, only their financial viability.

Besides, the cash cow is PL revenues. I don't think they would put that in jeopardy to get Standard Liege to the early stages of the Champions League. That would be nuts. I've never questioned their intellect, only their financial viability.

Not sure i agree mate. Agreed the PL is the cash cow - but if there is relative stability at Everton. What's to stop shareholders moving profit from one club to the next. Looking at the investment as an overall portfolio, does it make sense if one club - say Everton increase revenue and makes a profit via increased TV, stadium, player sale - then you invest in one of your other clubs that is struggling - support it make it more successful and raise its value - increasing the overall value of the portfolio.

What is better for shareholders the high value of one or all.........

Last edited:
But money is being borrowed from ACap as far as we can work out?

While the overall investment looks in part to be leveraged.

At the end of one of the articles it states they put out a prospectus to invest in Everton. The money is probably coming from multiple sources. The interim financing, yes, is from A-Cap.

As far as the other discussion, the incremental values of just finishing higher in the PL would dictate that the lion's share of the capital should be put towards Everton. Evidence of that is that they seem to be funneling the capital from Vasco da Gama to help Everton through this period. There's no money to be made in Brazilian football, the investments there are in players. There's no real money to be made in the Belgian First Division. Everton will appreciate exponentially faster (if run properly) than Liege.

If I supported one of those clubs, I'd be wary of the Everton investment, not the other way around.

The ' shiny new stadium' that 'Sir Farhad' is building for us, may well bankrupt us, because your hero Sir Farhad didn't bother to finance it properly and is now, unable or unwilling to provide the money to complete the build so we are cap in hand to corporate loan sharks getting piecemeal loans at exorbitant interest rates just to keep the build progressing.

As for your top Champions League manager that Moshiri brought in, if you mean Benitez, he was an absolute disaster and ripped the heart out of the club. It is because of Kenwright, Moshiri and Benitez, in that order, that we find ourselves in our current mess. I don't believe the 777 takeover will happen and, in a way I'm glad, but, at least they could not possibly be as incompetent as Kenwright and Moshiri.

The ' shiny new stadium' that 'Sir Farhad' is building for us, may well bankrupt us, because your hero Sir Farhad didn't bother to finance it properly and is now, unable or unwilling to provide the money to complete the build so we are cap in hand to corporate loan sharks getting piecemeal loans at exorbitant interest rates just to keep the build progressing.

As for your top Champions League manager that Moshiri brought in, if you mean Benitez, he was an absolute disaster and ripped the heart out of the club. It is because of Kenwright, Moshiri and Benitez, in that order, that we find ourselves in our current mess. I don't believe the 777 takeover will happen and, in a way I'm glad, but, at least they could not possibly be as incompetent as Kenwright and Moshiri.

On your first point Roy - blame Boris Johnson for that. We had a perfectly cushy finance mechanism in place before his populist policies ruined us. On your second point - we gave Benitez a £1.7m budget to work with - what did people expect him to do with that ?

I hope you're right sir on 777 not happening mind - they're bad news alright and we need to stay well clear !!

We had a Champions League winning manager in place before Benitez and that pube wanted him sacked.

On your second point - we gave Benitez a £1.7m budget to work with - what did people expect him to do with that ?
Lies
Benitez turned down 2 transfers one of them being Luis Diaz .
So no there wasn't a 1.7 mil budget.

The ignorant pig ruined this club.

But you keep peddling the same crap in support of your saviour Jaffa boy.

On your first point Roy - blame Boris Johnson for that. We had a perfectly cushy finance mechanism in place before his populist policies ruined us. On your second point - we gave Benitez a £1.7m budget to work with - what did people expect him to do with that ?

I hope you're right sir on 777 not happening mind - they're bad news alright and we need to stay well clear !!
You cannot keep blaming this, a competent owner has a back up option or options, Moshiri didn’t and still hasn’t judging by the fact we have a crap ton of loans to pay back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back