Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t lie, 777 are extremely worrying and our path with them as owners is very very unclear.

But at the same time our path with Moshiri is clear: he is out of cash and it’s a one way street to insolvency.

In the short term these might keep the wolf from the door at least. Hopefully their plan is to do that then exit with a profit from a higher quality investor once the stadium is done.
Thats my hope too.

They sort out the mess and flip us to someone with deep pockets.

He doesn't need to sell. WE want him to sell.

All he needs to do to get out of this hole is sell part of his stake and bring in other investors while still having a majority.

But as we've seen with the MSP fumble, there are more players and motives with that.

Bottom line is that he can't carry the club on his own unless he wants to spend more of his own fortune on it. Which he doesn't want to do.

777 can't buy us as a club. They can't afford it. Buying a chunk of us is possible IMO

Thing is there doesn’t seem to be any interest in any sort of investment apart from these guys.

Find it astonishing that there isn't any other investment group or billionaire out there that is willing to take a chance on us...can't get my round the fact these are the only ones.
I'm sure there is but once they know that Bill won't be letting go of the reigns until he's marched us into the new stadium at the very earliest, I'd imagine the conversations stop.

Why would they not want the stadium finishing ?

That's utter madness .

Anyone buying Everton FC will have the New Stadium as an absolute priority when buying the club.
Exactly. The biggest thing you’re buying is the half finished stadium. The attraction of the whole investment is that you need to find 300m to finish it, but you’re sitting on a 750m stadium once you do.

On the basis of things can't get any worse.
Well they actually can , it's one thing these buying full control of the club which is being reported.
The other is the nightmare scenario of them buying a small stake in the club and Kenwrights & Moshiri's hands still on the wheel.

As I've repeatedly posted the wording "investment" terrifies me.

Prays for a Shiek 🙏

Won’t lie, 777 are extremely worrying and our path with them as owners is very very unclear.

But at the same time our path with Moshiri is clear: he is out of cash and it’s a one way street to insolvency.

In the short term these might keep the wolf from the door at least. Hopefully their plan is to do that then exit with a profit from a higher quality investor once the stadium is done.
Still want to see a lot more information that this takeover is actually likely to happen before getting too concerned, but I would agree with all of the above.

The last week of the transfer window with the fire sale suggests Moshiri either has absolutely no money anymore, or has decided he will no longer invest in the playing squad. Neither of those two situations is sustainable or acceptable.

I don't understand the fears that any new investor would stop a stadium construction project that is probably two thirds (or more?) complete. It makes no sense that any investor would want to do that, because it would massively diminish their own investment. If the project was only at planning stage or the very early stages of construction, I could understand those fears, but we can all see the stadium - it is very far along now and getting closer to completion. Under Moshiri, we could easily run out of cash since he appears to have no access to funds anymore.

We are in a really bad situation, but I do struggle to see how new ownership would put us in a worse situation than the current situation.

How come a group with a loan to the club can block MSP but not these?

Because one is lending the club money, one is buying the club out.

So with the lending, they would be charges over aspects of the clubs assets. If you already have a charge on things, it ups the risk profile. You also have a legal right to object.

If they are being bought out, theres less they can do about it.

Surely if these guys are that ropey they will not get premiership clearance ! What we currently have is a skint owner with questions over does he really own us , A clown of a chairman and a board along with the last 2 mentioned who dont attend matches anymore … an upgrade surely cant be that difficult !

Still want to see a lot more information that this takeover is actually likely to happen before getting too concerned, but I would agree with all of the above.

The last week of the transfer window with the fire sale suggests Moshiri either has absolutely no money anymore, or has decided he will no longer invest in the playing squad. Neither of those two situations is sustainable or acceptable.

I don't understand the fears that any new investor would stop a stadium construction project that is probably two thirds complete. It makes no sense that any investor would want to do that, because it would massively diminish their own investment. If the project was only at planning stage or the very early stages of construction, I could understand those fears, but we can all see the stadium - it is very far along now and getting closer to completion. Under Moshiri, we could easily run out of cash since he appears to have no access to funds anymore.

We are in a really bad situation, but I do struggle to see how new ownership would put us in a worse situation than the current situation.

That's a fair, balanced post.

I think the concern is not they wouldnt want to complete, but that they may not be able to secure the capital to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back