Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People say that 777 don’t have a good track record with football clubs. What is the evidence of this, they have stakes in 7 clubs. Are any of them in a worse state or run as bay as Everton?
We will eventually owe over 500m for the stadium.
Our squad is starting its 3rd relegation battle in a row.
Our commercial performance is woeful with most of what we earn going on player wages.
The last two windows we haven't reinvested most of the transfer money we received.
We may be closer to administration than we think. Relegation makes it a certainty.

I'm struggling to see how 777 can be any worse.

Quick peruse on Reddit forums about 777 shows happy Genoa fans and mildly happy Vasco fans.

Do we know why Liege fans have been up in arms ?

People moaning about Moshiri selling up and getting out and didn’t care about who took over, now he’s selling up people are moaning about who he’s selling it too.
Can’t have it both ways really.

People moaning about Moshiri selling up and getting out and didn’t care about who took over, now he’s selling up people are moaning about who he’s selling it too.
Can’t have it both ways really.

Yep, but these prospective buyers are going to nail this club to the lower leagues.

Morshiri needs to sell but I’d rather he waited until that stadium is built and then sell to a more agreeable buyer.

That fact these guys are the only ones in the market willing to buy Everton tells it’s own story

Grim

It is actually hilarious that Kenwright will somehow wrangle his way into staying on following a full takeover. Following a nuclear apocalypse there’ll just be radioactive cockroaches and Kenwright sat behind his Everton desk.

For what it’s worth, I think Esk will be right this time. He’s usually pretty good with the financial stuff.
He's very much often wrong on the financial stuff , he doesn't know any more than you or I .
He has never been privy to any information from Moshiri and his associates although he likes to think he does .

Take him with a pinch of salt mate.

Moshiri is broke and his backer cant play anymore …. if they are taking a big hit here as reported this cant actually be much worse than it is now …. 🤔🤔

We will eventually owe over 500m for the stadium.
Our squad is starting its 3rd relegation battle in a row.
Our commercial performance is woeful with most of what we earn going on player wages.
The last two windows we haven't reinvested most of the transfer money we received.
We may be closer to administration than we think. Relegation makes it a certainty.

I'm struggling to see how 777 can be any worse.
Won’t lie, 777 are extremely worrying and our path with them as owners is very very unclear.

But at the same time our path with Moshiri is clear: he is out of cash and it’s a one way street to insolvency.

In the short term these might keep the wolf from the door at least. Hopefully their plan is to do that then exit with a profit from a higher quality investor once the stadium is done.

The sad thing is as much as this impacts the football club, think of the repercussions for the city too.

Potentially stadium sat their either not used or unfinished. Investment curtailed. No goodison regeneration.

Why?
These lot will finish the club.
Why would they not want the stadium finishing ?

That's utter madness .

Anyone buying Everton FC will have the New Stadium as an absolute priority when buying the club.

Yep, but these prospective buyers are going to nail this club to the lower leagues.

Morshiri needs to sell but I’d rather he waited until that stadium is built and then sell to a more agreeable buyer.

That fact these guys are the only ones in the market willing to buy Everton tells it’s own story

Grim

He doesn't need to sell. WE want him to sell.

All he needs to do to get out of this hole is sell part of his stake and bring in other investors while still having a majority.

But as we've seen with the MSP fumble, there are more players and motives with that.

Bottom line is that he can't carry the club on his own unless he wants to spend more of his own fortune on it. Which he doesn't want to do.

777 can't buy us as a club. They can't afford it. Buying a chunk of us is possible IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back