Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier stories suggest they'll be converted into equity. They won't face the prospect of PL signoff if they don't take a controlling interest. And their money is already in...
The PL must be absolutely bricking this decision TBH. With everything else that's going on can you even imagine if they veto 777 (even if they're right to do so), we don't find another buyer and we go into administration and they have to dock us another 9 points as a pretty direct result of their own decision.

They are probably praying there is a clear smoking gun that means they can't possibly be approved or the FCA take the decision away from them. They are potentially damned either way.

The PL must be absolutely bricking this decision TBH. With everything else that's going on can you even imagine if they veto 777 (even if they're right to do so), we don't find another buyer and we go into administration and they have to dock us another 9 points as a pretty direct result of their own decision.

They are probably praying there is a clear smoking gun that means they can't possibly be approved or the FCA take the decision away from them. They are potentially damned either way.
It’s what makes the PL so weak. They don’t have much control over the clubs, referees, rules etc. They can’t even mete out their own punishment, or know the definition of the word “independent.”

An American entity would just take control of the club and find a buyer. I understand all the differences between the two but again it’s why the PL is so weak and why it will struggle to survive imo.

To me, they would actually look much stronger if they denied 777 (if it is merited). A strong entity would do the right thing regardless of optics, not pass the buck to a regulatory group or co-dependent panel.

Wyness claiming he’s aware of a number of investors/entities waiting to slide in when this falls over and the price is probably reduced. 777 directly trying to amend any agreed pricing structure should trigger something. Surely they will do this if they want to complete before the appeal is heard.

Mosh may be surprisingly terrible with numbers, but he isn’t going to bin off millions if an alternative buyer with more sensible funding comes in slightly above 777s reduced price. Or even just close to their price but more certain to get approval. The price is only going down at the moment, unless he hangs on for a few years.

Wyness claiming he’s aware of a number of investors/entities waiting to slide in when this falls over and the price is probably reduced. 777 directly trying to amend any agreed pricing structure should trigger something. Surely they will do this if they want to complete before the appeal is heard.

Mosh may be surprisingly terrible with numbers, but he isn’t going to bin off millions if an alternative buyer with more sensible funding comes in slightly above 777s reduced price. Or even just close to their price but more certain to get approval. The price is only going down at the moment, unless he hangs on for a few years.
For all Everton’s faults it still has a lot going for it. I would be amazed if there weren’t some sensible investors / buyers watching and waiting.

If/when this goes tits up, are we going to be in administration?

Nah...well no more than we were yesterday. It just means Moshiri won't be able to cash out, not that there was much cash left.
Nothing else has changed - we're still a badly run shizshow with a wantaway owner who is borderline skint himself, and an Interim Board.
And that's just for starters.

There is an agreement in place mate, the only way it can fail now is if the PL or FCA don’t pass it.

There is an agreement in place mate, the only way it can fail now is if the PL or FCA don’t pass it.
Verbal. Until there is an agreed price and two docusign executed copies, it’s just hearsay and conjecture.

It’s likely there’s serious money and long term view low risk folks in the background biding their time.

Was about post that myself, does makes sense we could get others watching and waiting to jump in and get the club. Will still be a worry if they will be the right buyers aswell, i am still curious about what will happen if they deal is because 777 cant back up with the deal because of money and what will happen to the loans they have given the club

Verbal. Until there is an agreed price and two docusign executed copies, it’s just hearsay and conjecture.

It’s likely there’s serious money and long term view low risk folks in the background biding their time.

Not my understanding mate. An agreement on the deal is signed.

The deal itself is heavily structured in terms of price - both ways.

The PL and FCA is the only out for all in it.

Last edited:
Have said in my other post my worry is about the loans they have given the club if this takeover does not happen. Has alot of bad signs already with this deal

Have said in my other post my worry is about the loans they have given the club if this takeover does not happen. Has alot of bad signs already with this deal
Yes it feels like we are screwed either way. Would 777 buy us a bit of time and look to sell us on in two or 3 years maybe

Is Mosh at the stage now where there is nothing left down the back of the sofa?

The value of the club long term is very questionable. They have performed at a near relegation level for 3 years. There is nothing about the young players to suggest they are on the verge of becoming a top half team. The new stadium is really the only thing that gives some hope. But if they are at the Championship level when they get there, the empty seats will exceed the occupied ones. Any buyer should get them at a discount because that is the value now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back