Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it ages ago, Moshiri gets a figure he can live with - from Anybody He's gone.
It's not our choice
Aye. Businessman with zero personal attachment to the club or city. Can understand it really, as much of a shame that it is.

I refuse to believe there aren't better potential owners out there though. The biggest and best and most lucrative football league in the world and a world class brand new stadium just one year from completion. All of the genuinely big clubs aren't for sale bar United, and we're a sleeping giant in a brilliant position to fly up the league with a relatively small amount of investment.

Imagine this squad with, say, 4 quality (not talking 50m players here) players added to the starting xi - we'd easily be best of the rest and probably better than Spurs and Chelsea. That ain't much in the grand scheme of things.

But back to your point, Moshiri couldn't care less about our future as long as he can recoup as much money as possible, while Kenwright would sell his grandma if the price was right.

Its what we all wanted......

It’s the number one priority for me currently, that these two are gone. We are on a one way street with administration at the end of it as long as they remain, there is simply no other outcome. We can debate the what ifs about potential new owners until the cows come home, but I’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now the only thing crossing my mind is getting Moshiri and Kenwright out of the football club. That’s my only focus.

Any idea of who they are mate?

Sadly no names.

Thing is there doesn’t seem to be any interest in any sort of investment apart from these guys.

Could be just media spin from 777.

But they seem to be the only game in town for us. Which is alarming.

Interest from Asia.

What about the Spotify fella that was interested in Arsenal the other year. Swedish guy. Someone needs to contact him. The Spotify stadium. All over that. Someone tweet him and tell him to get a bid in.

Should be alot of interest across the globe.

Ita strange that there never seem to be any 'well known' interested groups.

They've taken over clubs in about 5 different countries and ran them all into the ground

When fans of the mighty Vasco de Gama are telling you to stay away you probably should
I have big concerns about them but it’s not really the case they are running clubs into the ground. They are so new in all their investments (a concern in itself) it’s hard to judge their performance.

Their stated MO is to take over struggling clubs so in many cases it’s clubs that were (like us) already being run into the ground rather than clubs that they themselves have run into the ground.

I have nothing against what their stated aim is- taking over struggling clubs in big cities or big markets and turning around performance to maximise their potential. In fact I quite like it as a concept and see where we fit in with it.

I have big concerns about their personnel, their experience, and whether they have the funding to do it though, but in terms of the performance of their existing portfolio the jury is still out.

It’s the number one priority for me currently, that these two are gone. We are on a one way street with administration at the end of it as long as they remain, there is simply no other outcome. We can debate the what ifs about potential new owners until the cows come home, but I’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now the only thing crossing my mind is getting Moshiri and Kenwright out of the football club. That’s my only focus.
Nobody knows how the P & S thing will go in October, maybe if the true villains have moved on they might be tempted not to hammer us...if indeed we are allegedly guilty of anything

Aye. Businessman with zero personal attachment to the club or city. Can understand it really, as much of a shame that it is.

I refuse to believe there aren't better potential owners out there though. The biggest and best and most lucrative football league in the world and a world class brand new stadium just one year from completion. All of the genuinely big clubs aren't for sale bar United, and we're a sleeping giant in a brilliant position to fly up the league with a relatively small amount of investment.

Imagine this squad with, say, 4 quality (not talking 50m players here) players added to the starting xi - we'd easily be best of the rest and probably better than Spurs and Chelsea. That ain't much in the grand scheme of things.

But back to your point, Moshiri couldn't care less about our future as long as he can recoup as much money as possible, while Kenwright would sell his grandma if the price was right.
We're miles away, no chance its four quality players, we need a complete overhaul.

And as for this "sleeping giant", sick of hearing people saying it to be honest. We're a bang average football club, who are largely irrelevant. The sooner people get this in their heads, the sooner we can drop that relying on past history and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back