Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there’s nothing really there that disqualifies him. Ultimately though the PL just cares that you have money and lots of it. The big question is whether they actually do.
777, who have more than $6bn in assets under management, already have football investments within their portfolio having followed the trend of being an active US investor in the game post-pandemic.

They have more money than Moshiri on paper.

• involved being; dishonest, violent, fraudulent, corrupt, perverting the course of justice or committing a hate crime

And neither has the 777 fella, of any of those crimes.

There's more limitations than the above tbf, they're listed in more detail in the PL handbook (which I cannot believe I even scrolled through in the first part!).

The part that would apply to them is: 'to constitute a serious breach of any requirement under the Act or the Companies Act 1985' - although I don't know if there's any expiration on convictions.

None of their board of directors were ever charged or convicted in a criminal court.
Handy, to control the prosecutors.

The actual rule permits the board to disqualify someone as a director or owner if they believe an offense, if committed in the UK, would have led to a criminal conviction. What this means is that Mohammed bin Salman can't be a director or an owner due to the whole Khashoggi thing, in light of UK intelligence on the matter. That, of course, doesn't preclude another Saudi prince from nailing down those roles, or the sovereign wealth fund from owning a club.

Another box that needs ticked to pass PL's Owners and Directors test is the below:

• If they have a conviction imposed by a UK or 'competent foreign court' which led to a 12 month or more imprisonment and involved being; dishonest, violent, fraudulent, corrupt, perverting the course of justice or committing a hate crime

According to The Guardian, Josh Wander (co-owner of 777) was arrested and charged in 2003 for cocaine trafficking:

• Last year, when 777 Partners purchased its stake in Vasco, it emerged that Wander had been arrested in 2003 after being caught with 31 grams of cocaine that were sent to his address in the post, which he later admitted was for him and a friend. He was sentenced in 2004 and released on a long period of parole, which ended in 2018.

That coupled with ongoing accusations and claims of fraud would SURELY be enough to cause them to fail the PL Owners and Directors test.
I doubt it. In Josh Wander's case, the cocaine trafficking conviction is old enough that the Board can probably justify the notion that if convicted under UK law, the conviction would be spent by now. The Board can hand down its 'reasonable opinion' one way or the other as it pleases, on that one.

The way they got Abramovich was the sanctions. No one under a UK travel ban or (by law, not by lender practice) locked out of the UK banking system is permitted to own or be a director of a Prem club. That forced the league's hand.

Because the Saudi's have loads of money so the Tory Government intervened.

777 haven't got a bean so no chance of the Tory's doing any favours for them.

That being said, the FA would probably pass them just to watch us suffer.
Pretty much - only reason they’re not viewed even worse than Russia internationally is because of oil, money and lobbying.

Regardless, I have no doubts that the FA will happily doom us by allowing a sale to these scummy cretins who:

“If you listen to Josh Wanda, who is one of the leading people at 777, they believe that football doesn't organise and doesn't market itself very well.

"He says we should be buying insurance and buying our cars through our football club because you've got that degree of loyalty, so trying to monetise the fans instead of just buying merchandise and season tickets.

"Can we use the football club brand as a means of generating more money? Can we turn the new stadium into a 365-day-a-year stadium in terms of generating revenue?”

Great stuff.

Pretty much - only reason they’re not viewed even worse than Russia internationally is because of oil, money and lobbying.

Regardless, I have no doubts that the FA will happily doom us by allowing a sale to these scummy cretins who:

“If you listen to Josh Wanda, who is one of the leading people at 777, they believe that football doesn't organise and doesn't market itself very well.

"He says we should be buying insurance and buying our cars through our football club because you've got that degree of loyalty, so trying to monetise the fans instead of just buying merchandise and season tickets.

"Can we use the football club brand as a means of generating more money? Can we turn the new stadium into a 365-day-a-year stadium in terms of generating revenue?”

Great stuff.
Sounds like a good way to turn fans against the club, when their insurance claim is denied.

Cretin-level thinking with no comprehension of an insurance company's business model, and how it doesn't mesh with that of a football club. Must be surrounded by some real yes-men.

Great stuff.

The stadium is the money maker for them. I really wouldn't be surprised if they sold it off and we just rented it.

777, who have more than $6bn in assets under management, already have football investments within their portfolio having followed the trend of being an active US investor in the game post-pandemic.

Key bit there I suppose is 'under management'. They don't own 100% of those assets and probably have even less liquidity than Moshiri.

We used to be the Mersey millionaires.. now we will be the paper billonaires... Good Times.

Key bit there I suppose is 'under management'. They don't own 100% of those assets and probably have even less liquidity than Moshiri.
Probably, but they can show the Premier League they have some money.

Don't forget, Bill Kenwright passed the test and he only has the 30million he's robbed from this club.

They are only in it because the stadium is near completion. Not nearly the owners that people should be looking at seriously.

Sevilla (despite their Europa heroics) are middling at best and bottom most of the times. They got hertha Berlin relegated.

They'll probably be happy to see everton go down and [Poor language removed] them up even more.

Someone being better than moshiri shouldn't be the benchmark. Need to look for people better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back