777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if there an agenda / narrative / game being played it’s more about what happens if / when 777 falls through. Like you say they are capable of failing without any help.

The narratives being driven at the moment seem to be: “nothing could be worse than 777”, “when 777 falls through administration looms” “Moshiri needs to sell the club for a quid” “creditors need to take a haircut”.

What that suggests to me is someone wants not just to give an extra hand to 777 going away, but who wants to then pick the club up for a song, and possibly be seen as a white knight to avoid scrutiny of what they themselves bring to the party, ie it’s them or certain doom.

Speculating here but maybe some “prominent Evertonians” who maybe have wealth but not Premier League wealth, and sense their one and only chance to pick up the club while at its lowest ebb.

My question / fear is: how much worse do they need things to get before they can get their mitts on the club, and does that benefit the club any more than 777, as dubious as they are? If they are objectively better in every way, why not stick their heads above the parapet rather than rely on “trust me, bro” whispers about their existence?

The one bolded helps 777.

I think there's a lot of twisting that needs to happen in the scenarios you lay out.

A whole bunch of opinions are coming at you:

One, I'm not sure that things are that bad. In truth we're not under threat of Admin, and I think the likelihood of a 2nd PSR penalty levied in the same season is fairly remote. We should be a PL club come August. It's really the most important variable in how the club is valued.

Two, yes I think there is someone out there who wants to torpedo this deal and get the club at a cheaper price than 777. They don't need Admin for that. Again, the club holds its value if its in the PL, time resets on that bomb after the league table is complete in May.

If I were an interested party but valued the club much lower than 777, I would not announce my intentions while the 777 deal was alive. I'd be dismissed out of hand publicly and create a scenario in which 777 could challenge my bid publicly. I'd ruin my chances with Moshiri as I'm taking away his preferred deal and taking money (if even imaginary) out of his pocket.

i saw that earlier and put a smile on my face. Never have cared for most of the stuff The Esk peddles on twitter.

I'm hardly an expert but it seems like he has some sort of accounting education but no real practice of it. I don't know the guy at all and don't really care, just my superficial thought.

If 777 could pass the PL suitability test, they would have already. That's the only detail germane to the conversation and the club.

Who is pushing what agenda through which outlet is irrelevant.

If he were disputing that Liege players were not paid on time, that Vasco did not have a transfer ban levied, that 777re was losing $2billion worth of capital, that would be relevant. I don't see that he has, because he can't.
Germane! Pass me the thesaurus!

The one bolded helps 777.

I think there's a lot of twisting that needs to happen in the scenarios you lay out.

A whole bunch of opinions are coming at you:

One, I'm not sure that things are that bad. In truth we're not under threat of Admin, and I think the likelihood of a 2nd PSR penalty levied in the same season is fairly remote. We should be a PL club come August. It's really the most important variable in how the club is valued.

Two, yes I think there is someone out there who wants to torpedo this deal and get the club at a cheaper price than 777. They don't need Admin for that. Again, the club holds its value if its in the PL, time resets on that bomb after the league table is complete in May.

If I were an interested party but valued the club much lower than 777, I would not announce my intentions while the 777 deal was alive. I'd be dismissed out of hand publicly and create a scenario in which 777 could challenge my bid publicly. I'd ruin my chances with Moshiri as I'm taking away his preferred deal and taking money (if even imaginary) out of his pocket.
Yes, I agree with your two points made re admin etc. To be clear, I don’t believe the narratives that I believe are being driven. That’s why I’m questioning who is driving them and for what reason. The administration narrative helps both 777 and a potential “white knight” bidder in that it frames either as being better than a very very bad outcome.

Take your point about rivals not coming out publicly. Just gets frustrating hearing about mystery bidders people claim to know the identity of, without knowing who they are and without being able to scrutinise their own possible pitfalls.

Exactly.
They have been unable or unwilling to rebut the overwhelming majority of the poor press concerning them.
And this includes not just their football investments but across all their various interests.
And the PL has still not been able to approve them, despite the amount of time ithat has already elapsed.
I suspect this forthcoming meeting will involve them telling the PL that they will push Everton into administration if they are not approved.
Hence the apparent briefings containing this threat.

Scoundrels who can’t be trusted and who are exactly the type of dubious characters the PL say they want to prevent gaining ownership of clubs.
That can't be anything more than a bluff, they'd lose what they've put in if that happens.

Unless they've been promised the stadium for their investments regardless...

Meeting with PL expected this week. 777 claim the money not coming from their reinsurance business. But you’d think they’d have been able to demonstrate where it WAS coming from by now…

If 777 could pass the PL suitability test, they would have already. That's the only detail germane to the conversation and the club.

Who is pushing what agenda through which outlet is irrelevant.

If he were disputing that Liege players were not paid on time, that Vasco did not have a transfer ban levied, that 777re was losing $2billion worth of capital, that would be relevant. I don't see that he has, because he can't.

I hear you, but if they were that clearly a bunch of chancers surely they’d have been told no a good while ago?

I hear you, but if they were that clearly a bunch of chancers surely they’d have been told no a good while ago?
Their failure to gain approval after over 7months of scrutiny is a qualified ‘No’
The fact they have failed to gain that approval within the agreed time frame for the purchase emphasises that ‘No’
They are clearly on the back foot at the moment .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back