Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This 777 palaver is just recycling an old story isn't it?

I cant see any development from what we've previoulsy been told.
Big bold headlines on the BBC pages we were on the verge of being sold. Reading the content and I came to the same conclusion as you. Regurgitation of old news. I take it that today was a slow news day?

I think we should all remember what uncle Farhad said in his interview when addressing the fans re a takeover.

He said that the club was looking for funding to complete the stadium and potentially a minority share but still fully intended to retain his majority share of the club and had no intention to sell.

Now, I know the guy also said he was buying a striker that window BUT... For someone like 777, it kind of makes sense here that Farhad would sell a minority stake and that this is not a majority takeover.

P.S - just saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff that maybe other people haven't said so that I get likes for validation.

These chumps dont have the wherewithal to take 100% of Everton.

If they're acting as a front for others, maybe. But this looks like Everton are being used by this lot to boost their own flagging business.
I can't see how they can afford the club not with their own money anyway they have to be a front for some one else or as you say just using us to promote their own image.
Even if it's a leverage buyout like the Glazers at United it doesn't stack up.United were debt free when the Glazers took over so they just paid 5.6m upfront then landed the rest over 500m debt on the club.
We are in debt up to our eyeballs so our situation is completely different.
In my opinion based on nothing very much these shysters will not be next owners of Everton.

FWIW… personally I can’t see 777 investing in Everton.

It just doesn’t seem to add up. I think Mosh is attempting to smoke someone else out here.

Whatever you think about Mosh, he’s quite a cool cookie. Remember how he dealt with Panarama… doesn’t give a flying one!

I've read on here that the deal won't happen and both Everton and 777 are using each other.

I get the Everton part, flushing out other bidders. But what would the advantage be to 777 in this scenario? Genuine question.

How many people know they exist due to their links to Everton?

Thousands more than did Yesterday, possibly millions.
Yeah publicity was what I could think of. It's not been universally positive though has it? And I assume people in finance circles knew of them anyway. Not saying you're wrong, just didn't seem an obvious benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back