Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t drink mate lol

m'lud the prosecution presents Exhibit 1a.

JNadrt1.png

I can't be bothered to read the previous 800 and odd pages, but has anyone else come to the conclusion that 777 are being funded covertly by that fat. slug Usmanov?
Otherwise, none of their actions make any sense either logically or financially.
Why would 777 keep pumping money as pay day loans every month to keep the lights on, where, if we go bust or into administration, they would be the last on the list to get their money back behind lots of other creditors?
The only sense out of all this idiocy is a conspiracy theory that says Usmanov is giving money to 777, who are basically beyond bankruptcy themselves, in the hope that the small handed, draft dodging nutter Trump gets back in and the worldwide sanctions imposed upon him are removed.
Other than that, we are in a dreadful position and 777 are more stupid and badly run than us.

plus, why was/is tapping your nose and covertly saying "Uncle Uzzy lad" a good thing?
I don't want him anywhere near our club, just like Moshiri or 777

I am trying to make sure im not simply going glass 1/2 full with this but I actually think there is some substance and reason for optimism. Listen defaults and possible financial crumble of a group is worrisome and worth noting when we are attached. That said im also wary of giving anyone of this financial level an opinion of assured competence comparatively. This class is brash entitled and frankly capable of course correcting mistakes constantly to appear as practical all to what in my opinion is a joke. I say that not to discredit the worries of 777 but more to suggests it not being a canyon of separation to possible issues with other private investment groups. These are people who think they read tea leaves but are simply of a financial class to be able to move on from mistakes easier than the rest of us. I also think the speed in which they have moved and built there portfolio may be drawing ire from competitors. Just a theory but again rich people being petty is not a crazy suggestion.

The part that leaves me with a little hope is the football side. They have an awareness of a multi-club model and tier development recruitment strategy that I think should be noted. Some teams under the umbrella are not happy sure, but the hires they have made to kind of see out the scope are all in line with good contemporary strategy. Its early goings but where the clubs are, this is a legitimate possible network for us with Everton the crown jewel.

I think Johannes Spors is impressive, who if we hired as DoF removed of connections would have merit. Don Dransfield worked 12 years under the best run multi club model in the world. We might be a head of the curve with well placed scouting networks or feeder teams before this becomes commonplace. As Fenway start to entertain this, INEOS neither have the framework yet regardless if their main assets resource is strong. We'd have streamline scouting/recruiting in talent beds Brazil, Belgium even Germany. The best first divisions not the Prem in Spain and Italy to test players levels aswell as scout.

I think of the issues under Moshiri or Brands and think Multi clubs could have likely course corrected a lot of them. The youth ban, just place or recruit to a sister club. Transfer or FFP restrictions, loans from the tree. Relegation scrap could be addressed by veteran mercenaries from the other clubs. Rawer prospects being justified with an in house loanee development plan.

Totally possible this goes up in flames but I do have some hope on the football end of things. That said we shall see

I am trying to make sure im not simply going glass 1/2 full with this but I actually think there is some substance and reason for optimism. Listen defaults and possible financial crumble of a group is worrisome and worth noting when we are attached. That said im also wary of giving anyone of this financial level an opinion of assured competence comparatively. This class is brash entitled and frankly capable of course correcting mistakes constantly to appear as practical all to what in my opinion is a joke. I say that not to discredit the worries of 777 but more to suggests it not being a canyon of separation to possible issues with other private investment groups. These are people who think they read tea leaves but are simply of a financial class to be able to move on from mistakes easier than the rest of us. I also think the speed in which they have moved and built there portfolio may be drawing ire from competitors. Just a theory but again rich people being petty is not a crazy suggestion.

The part that leaves me with a little hope is the football side. They have an awareness of a multi-club model and tier development recruitment strategy that I think should be noted. Some teams under the umbrella are not happy sure, but the hires they have made to kind of see out the scope are all in line with good contemporary strategy. Its early goings but where the clubs are, this is a legitimate possible network for us with Everton the crown jewel.

I think Johannes Spors is impressive, who if we hired as DoF removed of connections would have merit. Don Dransfield worked 12 years under the best run multi club model in the world. We might be a head of the curve with well placed scouting networks or feeder teams before this becomes commonplace. As Fenway start to entertain this, INEOS neither have the framework yet regardless if their main assets resource is strong. We'd have streamline scouting/recruiting in talent beds Brazil, Belgium even Germany. The best first divisions not the Prem in Spain and Italy to test players levels aswell as scout.

I think of the issues under Moshiri or Brands and think Multi clubs could have likely course corrected a lot of them. The youth ban, just place or recruit to a sister club. Transfer or FFP restrictions, loans from the tree. Relegation scrap could be addressed by veteran mercenaries from the other clubs. Rawer prospects being justified with an in house loanee development plan.

Totally possible this goes up in flames but I do have some hope on the football end of things. That said we shall see
I suppose both 777 and MSP operate ‘ multi club models ‘ so no difference there.
You make good points generally about the attraction of the multi club model , and I must admit I was attracted to the idea myself a few years ago , but I have somewhat altered my views since.
There is disquiet generally about the growth of such entities and many authorities are restricting the advantages they may bring.
The PL has recently voted to ensure that all loans and sales between affiliated clubs be made to reflect the true market rate thus negating one of the perceived advantages of the model.
There are also rules regarding qualification for European competitions which only allow one club to qualify from the affiliated clubs , fine if your the club allowed to compete but damaging to the others.
There is also a danger to competition as increasing numbers of clubs get absorbed into such groupings. It is it not inconceivable that at some point football competition will become dominated by a handful of owners operating a multi club system to the detriment of the individuality and independence of the clubs and to sporting competition generally .
I’ve mentioned before that while they may offer economy of scale they bring a risk of dilution of brand .

I suppose both 777 and MSP operate ‘ multi club models ‘ so no difference there.
You make good points generally about the attraction of the multi club model , and I must admit I was attracted to the idea myself a few years ago , but I have somewhat altered my views since.
There is disquiet generally about the growth of such entities and many authorities are restricting the advantages they may bring.
The PL has recently voted to ensure that all loans and sales between affiliated clubs be made to reflect the true market rate thus negating one of the perceived advantages of the model.
There are also rules regarding qualification for European competitions which only allow one club to qualify from the affiliated clubs , fine if your the club allowed to compete but damaging to the others.
There is also a danger to competition as increasing numbers of clubs get absorbed into such groupings. It is it not inconceivable that at some point football competition will become dominated by a handful of owners operating a multi club system to the detriment of the individuality and independence of the clubs and to sporting competition generally .
I’ve mentioned before that while they may offer economy of scale they bring a risk of dilution of brand .
I'm always confused by this, what is true market value?

Clubs can agree a price, players agree a wage, what more is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back