Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarilly agree with that. Look at the United takeover, both parties there have been clear on what their ambitions are and what they intend to do without going into a huge amount of detail. We've got nothing from 777 in comparison. Not even an idea as to how they are going to fund the rest of the stadium build or deal with current debt. By the time they have 'signed on the dotted line' it will be too late and we may not like the answers they eventually give.

It's clear how the Qataris will fund everything though isn't it? They'll use their almost infinite amounts of money. I can understand why as Investment firm might have to keep their cards closer to their chest.

It's clear how the Qataris will fund everything though isn't it? They'll use their almost infinite amounts of money. I can understand why as Investment firm might have to keep their cards closer to their chest.
It's not the Qataris who have wont the race though, Ineos have.

Not sure why 777 can't advise on what they intend to do with our current debt e.g. pay it off and convert it to equity, OR how they intend to fund the stadium, more equity or consolidate all stadium financing with a long term mortage.

The fact they are revealing very little is concerning, particularly given the noise around their other businesses/ investments.

They own Melbourne Victory in Aus and a local podcast there did a deep dive with Paul Brown on their article on 777.

Fascinating and horrifying all at the same time.

I’m pretty cynical when it comes to 777 but also when it comes to journalists and this Paul Brown fella has done a great job whipping up publicity for his paywalled articles on 777. Not saying anything he says is untrue but it’s also serving his interests to push these allegations far and wide.

It's not the Qataris who have wont the race though, Ineos have.

Not sure why 777 can't advise on what they intend to do with our current debt e.g. pay it off and convert it to equity, OR how they intend to fund the stadium, more equity or consolidate all stadium financing with a long term mortage.

The fact they are revealing very little is concerning, particularly given the noise around their other businesses/ investments.
1. They likely don’t have full agreement with all lenders on paying off/continuing. Even if they had agreement that could be revoked before closing, it’s not something you would announce.

2. They could have a lender lined up to finish the stadium, but they won’t be able to consolidate all that debt with the stadium as collateral. The loan to value won’t support it.

What they can do as you say in the last paragraph is explain their dealings with the other clubs. The only thing we’ve gotten so far is a puff piece likely dictated by 777 on how well things are going for Genoa. No explanation on the BBL, no explanation of the Vasco da Gama situation.

1. They likely don’t have full agreement with all lenders on paying off/continuing. Even if they had agreement that could be revoked before closing, it’s not something you would announce.

2. They could have a lender lined up to finish the stadium, but they won’t be able to consolidate all that debt with the stadium as collateral. The loan to value won’t support it.

What they can do as you say in the last paragraph is explain their dealings with the other clubs. The only thing we’ve gotten so far is a puff piece likely dictated by 777 on how well things are going for Genoa. No explanation on the BBL, no explanation of the Vasco da Gama situation.
They don't have to state specifics but they can advise on their intentions/ what they are looking to do. The fact they are saying nothing coupled with the historic/ ongoing issues elsewhere speaks volumes IMO.

I have said the thought of multi-club group with Everton on the top, could be a game-changer for us IF we have an improved board and increase our revenue which the new stadium will help do.

However 777 seem to be spreading themselves thin in their finances.

With MSP walking away but a hundred million down and Farhad whoring us out to anyone willing, it seems madness that a bigger group/individual isn't looking around at us.

Obviously the "loans" we have with:
MSP - £140m
R&MF - £200m
777 - £65m
and let's say Moshiri wants £300-500m

All in all - £795-995m for a Premier League club with a stunning new Stadium with a squad which valued around £350m.

I hope we find a rejected Qatari prince to buy us and gives us a happy ending.

"Insert Carry On Kenneth Williams OOOH FACE"

The Genoa thing is a weird one for a couple of things...

It's for their youth and women's facilities and not a 1st team training ground.

As far as I can tell...Genoa fans were in favour of it

Norwich City did the same 5 years ago with their academy facilities.

It's well documented 777 aren't going to pump millions into the playing squads and invest where necessary off the field from a business POV. The bond seemed to me to show they're tight arses rather than having zero money to afford it.

The stuff in Brazil is a red flag though
If the Genoa training ground thing is for youth and women's football teams, then it is not very weird if they push the bond. Currently, there is not a whole lot of money in the Women's game (see Man Utd). It is possible for them to protect their investment by going such a fan-based route for infrastructure investments. It would help to remember that the maximum transfer figure for women's football is ~470k.

Women's game also has physiological issues based on the field and associated equipment, so instead of solving the infra problem... the authorities are discussing introducing a smaller size ball in their game.

I have said the thought of multi-club group with Everton on the top, could be a game-changer for us IF we have an improved board and increase our revenue which the new stadium will help do.

With MSP walking away but a hundred million down and Farhad whoring us out to anyone willing, it seems madness that a bigger group/individual isn't looking around at us.

MSP - £140m
R&MF - £200m
777 - £65m

All in all - £795-995m for a Premier League club with a stunning new Stadium with a squad which valued around £350m.

You can add another 300m or so for the Stadium.

Plus another 200m for players.

Whilst thats not a problem for a Qatari Prince, you can see why no other proper businessmen are falling over themselves to buy us.

MSP - £140m
R&MF - £200m
777 - £65m

Sorry, I haven't been following the thread, but is the full stadium-cost incl in your calculation?

MSP - £140m
R&MF - £200m
777 - £65m

I'm definitely looking for a happy ending.

If the Genoa training ground thing is for youth and women's football teams, then it is not very weird if they push the bond. Currently, there is not a whole lot of money in the Women's game (see Man Utd). It is possible for them to protect their investment by going such a fan-based route for infrastructure investments. It would help to remember that the maximum transfer figure for women's football is ~470k.

Women's game also has physiological issues based on the field and associated equipment, so instead of solving the infra problem... the authorities are discussing introducing a smaller size ball in their game.

Norwich did it, raised £5mill, and then repaid it when they got promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back