• Up to the rumoured 6 or 7 million - worth every penny

• No more than 5 million - he's OK, but not worth any more

• No more than 3 million - he's got no end product ffs

• Wouldn't take him on a free, he's badly gash

• Stop asking me questions and stick the grill on

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One uninterested looking player. A well worn path has been walked by players that have fallen out of love with the game. Getting shanked out of London must have done his esteem no favours. Do not see a long term player in him for us - Derby or back to Leeds for Aaron.

One uninterested looking player. A well worn path has been walked by players that have fallen out of love with the game. Getting shanked out of London must have done his esteem no favours. Do not see a long term player in him for us - Derby or back to Leeds for Aaron.
Completely agree. Has done nothing to warrant spending even a wage on him next season.
Use the extra TV money on quality. We have enough average dross in the squad...especially over priced British ones.

Completely agree. Has done nothing to warrant spending even a wage on him next season.
Use the extra TV money on quality. We have enough average dross in the squad...especially over priced British ones.
Clear out desperately needed if we want to progress, and keep up with the top 7

Clear out desperately needed if we want to progress, and keep up with the top 7
Big clear out that could take Roberto's full 4 years to see the results from. He needs players that can play his system. Then again, his love affair with Cleverley is alarming to me.
Which will of course bring a meltdown to many of his detractors in here...

Big clear out that could take Roberto's full 4 years to see the results from. He needs players that can play his system. Then again, his love affair with Cleverley is alarming to me.
Aye. Plenty of deadwood in this current squad. We aren't too bad in the way of numbers, but in regards to quality players who can actually contribute when they come into the team we are rather short.
As much as I'd like to see a complete clear out, that kind of upheaval will really do us no good, and so I suspect we'll see it over a number of windows.
Age and injury has hit us hard this season, really revealing the holes in the squad that we have when key players are out.

Aye. Plenty of deadwood in this current squad. We aren't too bad in the way of numbers, but in regards to quality players who can actually contribute when they come into the team we are rather short.
As much as I'd like to see a complete clear out, that kind of upheaval will really do us no good, and so I suspect we'll see it over a number of windows.
Age and injury has hit us hard this season, really revealing the holes in the squad that we have when key players are out.
Correct. As I said, may take Roberto's full 4 seasons to see the rewards. We have to be patient. Changing Managers won't make average footballers world beaters overnight.

Correct. As I said, may take Roberto's full 4 seasons to see the rewards. We have to be patient. Changing Managers won't make average footballers world beaters overnight.
Yep. Can see Osman, Hibbert and Alcaraz all staying as cover for the first team.
Howard will probably stay for another year, despite my misgivings about him.
Might see Pienaar and Distin leave to be replaced with players that can contest for the first team and provide the quality that they had until they rapidly degenerated.
With Gibson it will be interesting to see whether he's given another year to stay fit and contribute or whether he is moved on.
Kone will stay another year.
I think we'll see us bring in another wing player in addition to Pienaar's replacement.

The problem I am having at the moment is that, even if successful, Bobby's system does not appeal to me.

No one else seems to want to play tiki taki these days...not even Barcelona.

I'll be honest, after half an hour of watching Pep era Barca I always began to lose interest in the game.

And I share your concerns about Cleverly.

Why would any manager want him so badly?

The problem I am having at the moment is that, even if successful, Bobby's system does not appeal to me.

I'll be honest, after half an hour of watching Pep era Barca I always began to lose interest in the game.

I think his system played well is attractve.
Postecoglou, Coach of Australia's national team, plays the Barcelona style properly with fast attacks.
He has brought in a team of young, inexperienced players that he feels can play his system, at the expense of older players, and won us the Asian Championship in January.
My issue with Martinez is more the transfer market. Cleverley types bring nothing to any system. Just an average footballer. If he wants us playing a continental style, go out and get the appropriate talent internationally.

Cleverley's major attribute is that everything his does on the pitch is done quickly and with urgency.

On a free and the fact that this season one our major problems is that we have been so pedestrian and slow with the ball, he will do just fine.

I think his system played well is attractve.
Postecoglou, Coach of Australia's national team, plays the Barcelona style properly with fast attacks.
He has brought in a team of young, inexperienced players that he feels can play his system, at the expense of older players, and won us the Asian Championship in January.
My issue with Martinez is more the transfer market. Cleverley types bring nothing to any system. Just an average footballer. If he wants us playing a continental style, go out and get the appropriate talent internationally.

Even barca and Spain in thier pomp playing this style was boring to watch. You could tip your hat to the quality of the goal scored, but the rest of the game was a bore fest.

Even pep himself doesn't play that way any longer at bayern. Of course they still pass the ball well but nothing like his barca side did.

It's a outdated style. Which these days teams have learned how to play against.

Oh.....This is a Lennon thread? Don't think we should sign him!

Probably wouldn't buy the lad but many harsh comments on here. He's played a small handful of games, looked quite energetic and ready to impress in a god awful team. Give him a chance.

Probably wouldn't buy the lad but many harsh comments on here. He's played a small handful of games, looked quite energetic and ready to impress in a god awful team. Give him a chance.

....yep, I thought he was poor at Stoke but he's been ok. Probably the type that RM prefers at the moment because of what he does defensively, works hard to get behind the ball etc. 3 defensive midfielders, wingers who track back and Naismith covering every bit of grass, it's hardly surprising we are not creating many chances.

Ahh i see the Lennon bashing is in full swing. Just like at the beginning of the season it was Kone, then Joel. Both after hardly having a touch of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back