• Up to the rumoured 6 or 7 million - worth every penny

• No more than 5 million - he's OK, but not worth any more

• No more than 3 million - he's got no end product ffs

• Wouldn't take him on a free, he's badly gash

• Stop asking me questions and stick the grill on

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7 million or 4 million thing is a red herring really.

The only question is if he has the sort of quality that we should be looking for. I don't think he has tbh. He's a mid table player, I'd like to hope our ambitions are beyond that.

he was brought in a stop gap plain and simple imo. martinez doesn't like value for money in jan, so wanted to not waste any money and save it for the summer to strengthen that position. with atsu off at ACON and not in form, pienaar constantly injured and mcgeady so hit and miss - we needed another winger. he didn't want to dip into the summer transfer fund. he'd have to do a lot of good things for us to consider a perm signing. just my opinion anyway.

I'm hoping he's been brought in to give us a different option, as a stop gap, before the summer window where there should absolutely be more value. It's incredibly short sighted if RM hasn't looked past players not quite getting in Spurs' team anymore, and assumes that they're good enough to come in and shine for us. His record with wingers (dela aside) isn't great, so I wouldn't like to see Lennon signed permanently. I even quite like the bloke, but we should be looking elsewhere, and also looking to offload McGeady.

For the sake of the slow witted, if he was ny good then other, better teams would be in for him too.
Really? So teams lower down don't make good signings and big teams don't make bad ones? Plenty of players have slipped under the radar over the years. For the benefit of the slow witted.

Really? So teams lower down don't make good signings and big teams don't make bad ones? Plenty of players have slipped under the radar over the years. For the benefit of the slow witted.

So Lennon was "under the radar" was he?

For the class A abusing, slow witted with crack whore mars.

x

Gotta be honest tho, I struggle to judge any player in this mess of a formation and tactics RM currently employs.

He's made our very good players look very average this year!

So Lennon was "under the radar" was he?

For the class A abusing, slow witted with crack whore mars.

x
No but bigger clubs can turn their noses up at some players and they can turn out good signings for those willing to take the chance.

For those not currently engaging their brains and being outwitted by a man with so many drugs in his system he's legally a pharmacy.

No but bigger clubs can turn their noses up at some players and they can turn out good signings for those willing to take the chance.

For those not currently engaging their brains and being outwitted by a man so off his face he's legally a pharmacy.

You've basically called Everton second rate there.

Lennon is "meh", everyone knows it. We arent talking about taking a punt on a youngster or someone untested in the league.

For the benefit of those so of their face they think they are outwitting someone almost as smart as @Tubey

You've basically called Everton second rate there.

Lennon is "meh", everyone knows it. We arent talking about taking a punt on a youngster or someone untested in the league.

For the benefit of those so of their face they think they are outwitting someone almost as smart as @Tubey
I'm saying we realistically don't have the first choice of wingers when we go shopping. Hardly a slight. We've bought unfancied before and they've worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back