2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
….so you’re suggesting we get rid of a player who has significantly contributed to our top flight survival over the past 2 seasons and replace him with a player who has contributed nothing, has hardly played football for 3 seasons and literally cost us £millions :lol:
Pretty sure he kept us up against Palace - without which we’d have100% been relegated.
What’s that? We could have lost that game and still stayed up?
IMG_9001.webp

We need two number 10's .

Doucoure and/or Dele
and /or McNeil
and/or Ndiaye (Rawhide)
and/or Lindstrom.

Preferably, Dele & Ndiaye,

if we get Gnonto over the line with some money for Doucs, with Lindstrom, Harrison, McNeil in the other wing spots.

McNeil was also looked at in the 10 position yesterday in the absence of Doucoure.

Dele still doesn't appear to be fit so I don't know why we would be considering signing him. We haven't been able to see him play in pre season so I don't think it's likely at all.
He's been around the squad for a while, and a Dyche fitness reboot, is on the grass and getting closer to full training, then he'll be worth a look at again.

It's not all on this year, as Doucs is still here if necessary, more at a future planning strategy.

Doucoure and/or Dele
and /or Harrison
and/or Ndiaye (Rawhide)
and/or Lindstrom.

if we get Gnonto over the line with some money for Doucs, with Lindstrom, Harrison, McNeil in the other wing spots.

Harrison was also looked at in the 10 position yesterday in the absence of Doucoure.
Looks from the highlights that it was Harrison playing in the 10 role rather than McNeil with McNeil on the left, misheard a report it was McNeil there yesterday.

Doucoure and/or Dele
and /or McNeil
and/or Ndiaye (Rawhide)
and/or Lindstrom.

McNeil was also looked at in the 10 position yesterday in the absence of Doucoure.
Don't think we'll see Dele at all.

And I would punt Doucoure ASAP

Notice he started Harrison there yesterday

So for the no10
Ndiaye
Lindstrom
McNeill
& Harrison
Any one of them with the others rotating Left & Right.

Looks like good options as long as we bring in a winger.

He hasn't been linked at all with a move has he?
None of our deadwood has been. Literally nobody - Holgate, Maupay, Keane, nope. Most of us would like Beto and Doucoure gone too but absolutely no links anywhere. No surprise really as we're the world football suckers and there don't appear to be any other clubs as stupid as us.

He can't trap a bag of cement,got the touch of a baby elephant,that said he has been very effective for us at times and wow,that Bournemouth goal!!!

Brighton away was also a great performance in that run in.

I still have a fondness for him but with the signings of Ndiaye and Lindstrom it's obvious he's not going to be a regular in the attacking midfield position and he's not good enough technically to play in the two infront of the back 4.

I could see him leaving in the next month but he still needs to be replaced because then it will be all of him, Gomes and Onana leaving from that central midfield area and so far it's only Tim who's come in as a direct replacement.

Brighton away was also a great performance in that run in.

I still have a fondness for him but with the signings of Ndiaye and Lindstrom it's obvious he's not going to be a regular in the attacking midfield position and he's not good enough technically to play in the two infront of the back 4.

I could see him leaving in the next month but he still needs to be replaced because then it will be all of him, Gomes and Onana leaving from that central midfield area and so far it's only Tim who's come in as a direct replacement.
I reckon any new midfield addition would be a loan, hence the Kalvin Phillips stuff again. Think Gana, Garner, Iroegbunam & a loanee would be enough for Dyche this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back