2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

He’s not the next Cahill, he’s not the messiah, he’s not utterly garbage, he’s not an amazing footballer either.

He’s a decent PL footballer who has got us a few points since Dyche took over as he constantly plays him and he’s come up with a few goals.

Why can’t we just enjoy him having a decent period without people dissecting everything in an effort to slate him?

Before I get pulled on my choice of words by the pedantic who will no doubt try and claim I am proclaiming him as the second coming of Christ, I said DECENT, not GREAT, or AMAZING.
Because we're building the team around said average and inconsistent player, and because he can finish an easy chance once out of every 3-4-5 times, depending on the day.

Oh yeah he also can't pass.

It's not even slating at this point - it's what he is.

Pipedream that some wealthy arabs are coming to buy him too lol

….I was only thinking about this myself yesterday. He’ll never be the Glen Hoddle no10 some posters crave but he’ll be appreciated by his teammates and manager for the contribution he makes.

I wondered if we manage to get ourselves in a safe looking position and the FFP outcome isn’t too limiting if Doucoure might be offered a new deal. He might actually fancy a Bosman, can’t see him signing an extension for less than 2 seasons.

I always get the impression playing football matches matters to him.
If he is after the same wage he is on here then I can only see him move to Saudi. I don't see any premier league clubs matching his current package. I would try to extend his contract but not sure we are in a position to even offer the same terms.

….I was only thinking about this myself yesterday. He’ll never be the Glen Hoddle no10 some posters crave but he’ll be appreciated by his teammates and manager for the contribution he makes.

I wondered if we manage to get ourselves in a safe looking position and the FFP outcome isn’t too limiting if Doucoure might be offered a new deal. He might actually fancy a Bosman, can’t see him signing an extension for less than 2 seasons.

I always get the impression playing football matches matters to him.

Apart from all the goals, pressing, leadership, setting the tone, saving us from relegation, influence and our results going south every time he's out of the team, what has he ever done for us. lol

Apart from all the goals, pressing, leadership, setting the tone, saving us from relegation, influence and our results going south every time he's out of the team, what has he ever done for us. lol
This is overexposing the good and absolutely disregarding the bad.

He's in an absolute purple patch currently and KEEPS missing chances aots; "saving us from relegation" by being anonymous and hitting a shot he's missed about 20 times pre-and-post that game; setting the tone for what, running? Wow, he can run, great...?.

Our results go south every time because he's the focal point, which makes him annoying, as I've said in the 3 posts before yours here. Dyche has absolutely NO idea how to play when he doesn't have a donkey to run the channels as a second striker and it will 10000000000000000% hurt us.

But such is life, opinions and everything, as we've won 2 games in the literal easiest schedule we've had since I can remember.

This is overexposing the good and absolutely disregarding the bad.

He's in an absolute purple patch currently and KEEPS missing chances aots; "saving us from relegation" by being anonymous and hitting a shot he's missed about 20 times pre-and-post that game; setting the tone for what, running? Wow, he can run, great...?.

Our results go south every time because he's the focal point, which makes him annoying, as I've said in the 3 posts before yours here. Dyche has absolutely NO idea how to play when he doesn't have a donkey to run the channels as a second striker and it will 10000000000000000% hurt us.

But such is life, opinions and everything, as we've won 2 games in the literal easiest schedule we've had since I can remember.

Yep, don’t agree mate! ;)

Giving the dude an extension would be a priority for me!

Their passing has improved slightly in the Bournemouth game, he just needs to get an afro on and we will be ready (~30M) for the winter window. edit - referenced Fellaini along with Dyche taking over at Man Utd.

Giving the dude an extension is burning 100k+ a week of money we barely have.

He's also old.

Guess that's why Dyche likes him I guess.

Thought he was closer to 80k myself mate.

With the money we waste and lack of reinvestment - im not going to sweat on keeping our influential and high contribution players to be honest, especially when they've earned it. Like the Brathwaite deal last week. If hes doing it every week - which he is - he can be 102 for all i care.

When you think of all the money we wasted on players who didn't influence us we have had in recent years, Doucoure is a good news story, prob one of our best signing in recent years if not the best.

Be a big fan.

He's been a regular since arriving and we've been involved in 2 relegation fights. The year before he signed he was relegated with Watford. Is there a link there i dunno.
You've reeled off a few things there but failed to mention he cant control or pass a ball 95% of the time. Over a full season this could be a reason we're so dire and scrapping at the bottom of the table. You've described more of an athlete.
He is what he is. He'll have his moments but come on. The Everton midfield is embarassing at times the way we cant boss any game. The standards at this club have fallen so low that he gets a regular game. He is your classic marcel brands signing.