2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I was only thinking about this myself yesterday. He’ll never be the Glen Hoddle no10 some posters crave but he’ll be appreciated by his teammates and manager for the contribution he makes.

I wondered if we manage to get ourselves in a safe looking position and the FFP outcome isn’t too limiting if Doucoure might be offered a new deal. He might actually fancy a Bosman, can’t see him signing an extension for less than 2 seasons.

I always get the impression playing football matches matters to him.
Wouldn’t be against a 1 year deal tbh, suspect he will want longer though and Saudi looks a prime target for him if so (assuming everyone else hasn’t jibbed that league off by then).
He’s not exactly been injury prone either probably one of the less risky deals if he was offered 2 years but it’s still a big commitment on a 31 y/o if he’s on the reported £120k per week.

During that Bournemouth game, he should've had a hattrick but missed out on the details. Details btw that were thrown at the chap by Dyche from the touchline operating him like a PS game. If he is on that rumoured high wager a week, an extension should not be on the table at all. Not that he is a bad player, he is good in certain circumstances. I'll say this now, should have kept Iwobi (good money) and sold Doucoure considering their contract situations.

ffs it never rains but it pours at this club
Im not his biggest fan, but, in October 2023, it makes sense.

We have a LOT of players leaving in The Summer and seemingly no money to replace them.

As long as we are sensible with a relegation clause and we havent given him 150k a week, its not the WORST idea.

But, this is Everton.

Im not his biggest fan, but, in October 2023, it makes sense.

We have a LOT of players leaving in The Summer and seemingly no money to replace them.

As long as we are sensible with a relegation clause and we havent given him 150k a week, its not the WORST idea.

But, this is Everton.
If he scores the goal that keeps us up again he gets a cuddly toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back