2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Cant believe they offered him the same wages, presumably there was no other offers on the horizon for him so makes sense to stay put.

I'd be ragin if they've given him the same wages.

….I’d be amazed if he’s not been in demand on a Bosman, so I expect the club have had to increase his salary and give him a bonus.

I’m not surprised at all, he’s a key member of the team and plays like it matters. Also, with a potential transfer ban it makes sense to get main players signed up.

Im not his biggest fan, but, in October 2023, it makes sense.

We have a LOT of players leaving in The Summer and seemingly no money to replace them.

As long as we are sensible with a relegation clause and we havent given him 150k a week, its not the WORST idea.

But, this is Everton.

He should be on less wages than he is currently really. If he’s been given an increase then we really are incredibly stupid.

….I’d be amazed if he’s not been in demand on a Bosman, so I expect the club have had to increase his salary and give him a bonus.

I’m not surprised at all, he’s a key member of the team and plays like it matters. Also, with a potential transfer ban it makes sense to get main players signed up.
If that was the case they'd have given Iwobi an improved offer as well.

We have no idea if we will be able to bring in players in the next couple of windows, and until we have someone replacing Doucoures production and another good player in the midfield it would be crazy to let him leave on a free. As long as the wages are reasonable, this has got to be done to buy us another year, and to then be able to sell him then for a nice fee.

Cant believe they offered him the same wages, presumably there was no other offers on the horizon for him so makes sense to stay put.

I'd be ragin if they've given him the same wages.
Prob be a good wage but be ahocked if it was he is on now is 120 now would hope atleast is from 80-100.

Whatever we think, this guy has been essential to our survival last year. He always give 100% and most of the time he is OK, sometime he is great and few times poor. Not sure we would have the finances to get somebody that can contribute as much or more. So many players leaving potentially at the end of the season, so we need to make sure we still have a squad in the summer so that only a handful of players need to be recruited.

So a one year extension with option for a further year for a player that has scored crucial goals, in a period where we could well be handed a transfer ban.
Or we could allow him to leave for free with neither the funds to replace never mind better.
This is a sensible decision from the club at this time.

We have no idea if we will be able to bring in players in the next couple of windows, and until we have someone replacing Doucoures production and another good player in the midfield it would be crazy to let him leave on a free. As long as the wages are reasonable, this has got to be done to buy us another year, and to then be able to sell him then for a nice fee.
I doubt he drops much and he probably gets a singing on fee as classed a free transfer. We could use that money to sign a 20mil young attacking midfielder on a lot lower wage. This is the problem when you hire a dyche, There’s no way Thelwell would have kept him imo, he’s a dyche player all about running and being strong, technical ability not that important as we have on average about 35% most weeks.

The Irony is that doucoure will now be here longer than dyche and we will probably end up paying him off to leave

Whatever we think, this guy has been essential to our survival last year. He always give 100% and most of the time he is OK, sometime he is great and few times poor. Not sure we would have the finances to get somebody that can contribute as much or more. So many players leaving potentially at the end of the season, so we need to make sure we still have a squad in the summer so that only a handful of players need to be recruited.
His goals have blinded a lot of our fans, he’s has plenty of terrible performances under dyche like v Liverpool last week. He’s a really poor footballer.