Accounts out for 2010 - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everton Board has once again produced a stunning set of unprecedented financial results. Bill, were I not happily married, I would salute you in the time honoured manner.

Bravo.

I think we have sold players to fund long term contracts for others. This is only sustainable if you can pick up players cheaply / free and bring players through the academy. If this works it looks very sensible, however it is predicated on being excellent at the bottom end of the Market and in bringing premiership quality players through the academy. Personally I think this is difficult to achieve unless you have a great brand and are known for bring through the youth. Not sure we have either.

Would b interesting to see if the debt is falling and if so at what speed.

It's all a bit meh isn't it?

We'll have made savings on wages with the clearout we've had, and on top of that some player sale money.

Problem is I watch Everton for them to do ace things on the pitch, and can't be arsed with all the amateur accounting stuff. So come on Everton, do some ace things on the pitch ffs.

The whole backroom needs gutting. Far be it for me to quote Ian Ross, but this lot are chatting shite when the club's falling down around their ears.

I've read, listened and seen Elstone today in the media and he's telling everyone that a club running on fumes is a well run ship.

He's off his fcuking tits.

The usual brilliant analysis here - i de-heart Kenwright etc, anyone want to crush the figures and explain our financial situation with a bit of analysis, with such emotional responses i expect a few hands up here?

Last edited:

Quick, someone spin those figures so it makes Kenwrong look like he's doing a good job so Neilers happy.

Quick, someone spin those figures so it makes Kenwright look much worse than he actually is so that all of the BU lot are happy.

Can be spun both ways. I would prefer somebody to actually explain the figures in as fair a way as possible.

Quick, someone spin those figures so it makes Kenwright look much worse than he actually is so that all of the BU lot are happy.

Can be spun both ways. I would prefer somebody to actually explain the figures in as fair a way as possible.

You will be waiting mate. I havnt looked at them and wont untill tomorow to be honest. On headline figures they are far better then i expected to be honest. But then i havnt looked in detail as i say.

No need to spin them is there, they do a good enough job of that on their own.

But sure, if someone who is completly independant could analyse those figures and give a honest opinion it would be good.

As long as they don't use the following line "well it could be worse, we could be Leeds".

How do you mean like?

The figures are all there, debts stays the same, wages increased, no player purchases since 1985, hows that for expert analysis?

Not sure why they dont just rename the Club, WeGoWithWhatWeGot FC.

Anyway, Dave said it best :

•Gate receipts and catering down by 9%
•Weakest balance sheet ever - £33.6M (£28M last year)
•Record operating loss of £13.8m excluding the one off sale of Bellefield for £8.4m

Status
Not open for further replies.