2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really Brands should have nothing to do,all Lookman has to do is come back,impress the new boss,and work as hard as he can,few years contract left yet,unless he wants to leave right away for what he thinks will be 1st team footy somehwre

I think a front 4 of Lookman, Siggurdsson, Walcott and Tosun isn't good enough regardless of a potential attack minded coach.

Im happy with Lookman and Walcott to start out wide but I would want significant upgrades on Tosun and Siggurdsson if we are to put fear into sides next season.

I think a front 4 of Lookman, Siggurdsson, Walcott and Tosun isn't good enough regardless of a potential attack minded coach.

Im happy with Lookman and Walcott to start out wide but I would want significant upgrades on Tosun and Siggurdsson if we are to put fear into sides next season.

Maybe not upgrades as such, but different kinds of options.

I like Iceland, hes hard working and has moments of excellence, but hes not a magic man, somebody LIKE Ziyech, you know, as an option in the hole and Tosun, havent seen a lot, but he strikes me as a good finisher, but im not sure if hes gonna cut it as a number 9 leading the line, so maybe get somebody else to play alongside him or something.

But if we go into the season with that front 4, its not the worst, but we would need other options.

I think the question is whether the front four will get us back in Europe (and keep us there beyond the group stages.) It's only with that that we will attract the type of players that put fear into defenses.

Maybe not upgrades as such, but different kinds of options.

I like Iceland, hes hard working and has moments of excellence, but hes not a magic man, somebody LIKE Ziyech, you know, as an option in the hole and Tosun, havent seen a lot, but he strikes me as a good finisher, but im not sure if hes gonna cut it as a number 9 leading the line, so maybe get somebody else to play alongside him or something.

But if we go into the season with that front 4, its not the worst, but we would need other options.

I dont mind Siggurdsson either and he shown he's capable of playing counter attacking football with his goal against Liverpool in the cup game. I think we need that Coutinho/Lanzini type in the hole who can find pockets of space and link up the play. Siggurdsson would be a good abd expensive squad player but for me the change in style from Koeman to Silva I dont think he would be my ideal no10.

Tosun for me is your Austin type fox in the box who you chuck on with 15 minutes to go to try get a winner. I look at how we played counter attack under Martinez and in Koemans first season and Roms strength and pace when running at defenders and I cant help but feel we need to find someone to replicate that as Tosun for me isn't good enough to start week in week out and DCL/Niasse/Rooney should be sold to make money in the transfer kitty.

Really Brands should have nothing to do,all Lookman has to do is come back,impress the new boss,and work as hard as he can,few years contract left yet,unless he wants to leave right away for what he thinks will be 1st team footy somehwre
I attended the Hertha v Leipzig match and saw him playing 1st team football , scoring 1 and a couple of assists. He's more than capable of playing first team football and it's not unreasonable for him to want to continue doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back