2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having come to terms with this( I do the “six stages of grief” faster than Homer Simpson.) I can see the potential upside for us and Lookman. Although not Europa League eligible , it should mean he gets game time around those games as they rest some players. While he always seemed to be shyish in his interviews compared say to the more laid back , semi-arrogant Holgate, choosing to go on loan to a foreign country is a decision to be applauded , I’m sure he’ll learn more than at Derby.
In some ways we’ve not helped his development in the 12 months he’s been with us. He came to us as a raw talent from league one who hadn’t even gone through a long learning curve at Charlton . Players like DCL and Holgate who came from a similar level spent game time in the U23s where their weaknesses were worked on . Lookman has had none of that . I still see the same raw talent and the same raw mistakes now as he had before. So I’m hoping that his senior player development will be better in 4 months at Leipzig than it would have been with us.

If that's true it underlines how desperate he was to get away from Allardyce.

We have a lot of players simply wanting out now.

They can see what we see too: an utter mess.

I see everyone to blame here.

Sam has forced the kid to consider his future while preferring to load the bench with 3 centre halves.

But Lookman has made a daft decision to head out to a club where he will probably never feature.

It's comedy central and everyone has had a mare.

I see everyone to blame here.

Sam has forced the kid to consider his future while preferring to load the bench with 3 centre halves.

But Lookman has made a daft decision to head out to a club where he will probably never feature.

It's comedy central and everyone has had a mare.
I doubt he'll get less game time there than he was getting here, tbh. If he gets on the pitch he'll win over a lot of people.

Hopefully Lookman is having a break away from here and is back in May refreshed and ready to go again with another manager who likes playing association football rather than Gaelic Football.

Burke never got much game time at Red Bull ..

He played about 650 minutes and was involved in every match day squad apart from the ones he missed with injury. So not bad for a 19 year old in a new league and a step up from the league came from. I think the issue more with him was failing to settle. If he'd stayed, he may well have pushed on.

Rangnick sounds like he sees him as a bench warmer. He needs to play or he's made a terrible decision here.

They have Bruma and Forsberg at left wing, but Forsberg has been injured for a while, which is why I think they wanted Lookman as cover - so there should be chances for him to at least come in and cover for Bruma or replace him in games. Can he play right wing as well? If he's versatile, there can be more opportunities for him. Their coach is pretty old school and play two wingers most games, and two up front.

He has shown himself as a down to earth boy who works hard. Also comments like kids being home sick etc in a foreign land seem less relevant these days. I'm putting faith in him.

The problem now for Lookman is that sitting on the bench for Leipzig is the same as sitting on the bench for Everton and may mean that he hasn't moved his career forward.
He would get games at Derby as they chase promotion. I hope it works for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.