Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 'strengthening' this window remember. If that turns out to be adding a pre-contract for McGeady in the summer when we're desperate to strengthen and push for Europe now, then that has been a broken promise...and I wouldn't be pointing the finger at Martinez either.

With regards to McGeady it depends on how much the Russians want for him during this window. If they're asking for a few £m then we're right to stand our ground & say we'll wait until the summer thanks, as we've already got him on a pre-contract agreement. It's the 10th & their stance might alter come the tail end of the month.

btw you'd be the first to moan about their 'incompetence' if they shelled out big money for a player who we can take for nothing in 5 months time....

While it's not looking to great atm... just cool it guys, still got loads of time left in the window.

Save the fuming for the start of February.

Didn't we do the same thing last Jan and that was followed by everyone saying 'season over'
We did do the same thing last January, and followed it up in February by throwing away 2 points at home to Villa, meekly surrendering at Old Trafford, drawing with Oldham in the cup and losing away at Norwich.

I think we're all justified in thinking that it's not to much to ask that we not miss out on the chance to strengthen and instead continue our momentum this time. Still early days though...

We did do the same thing last January, and followed it up in February by throwing away 2 points at home to Villa, meekly surrendering at Old Trafford, drawing with Oldham in the cup and losing away at Norwich.

I think we're all justified in thinking that it's not to much to ask that we not miss out on the chance to strengthen and instead continue our momentum this time. Still early days though...
I agree and that was my point. It was a very low point the end of Jan last season after Fer then Negredo in last couple of days going amiss it would have given a freshness the team needed (baring in mind we were 2nd in all of Europe's top leagues for chances created behind Juve at the time, yet we're not even in the top 6 scorers in the EPL) point being we as Evertonians forget or don't seem to put as much pressure on Kenwright and his cronies when things are doing ok in the league although it only masks our problems

Last edited:
Is that out of bob,s mouth today, dave? That,s fkin shocking if true.

Noticed Moyes was peddling the old "it's difficult in January so we'll see what we can do" line. He must think he's back at here. Or maybe things are difficult for everyone in the January window. Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back