Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager says: "...as things stand now I don’t think we will be able to do anything for January because there are too many difficulties. Many things can happen in the window, but right now it would be difficult.”

'Difficult' to bring a player in who'd be sprung from Spartak for circa 2 million euro.

Regardless of whether it's McGeady or not, that's a chilling admission our manager has had to make.

The feller must be tearing his hair out with these cowboys who employed him.

Remember Kenwright's summer statemnt about giving Martinez the Fellaini cash plus a few bob? Of course, even that modest promise was broken by Billy Liar. Where's the change out of that 27M plus 'few bob' now?

Hahaha come on Davek lad, this is bonkers!

VERY entertaining though - keep going!

The manager says: "...as things stand now I don’t think we will be able to do anything for January because there are too many difficulties. Many things can happen in the window, but right now it would be difficult.”

'Difficult' to bring a player in who'd be sprung from Spartak for circa 2 million euro.

Regardless of whether it's McGeady or not, that's a chilling admission our manager has had to make.

Remember Kenwright's summer statemnt about giving Martinez the Fellaini cash plus a few bob? Of course, even that modest promise was broken by Billy Liar. Where's the change out of that 27M plus 'few bob' now?

Is that out of bob,s mouth today, dave? That,s fkin shocking if true.

Hahaha come on Davek lad, this is bonkers!

VERY entertaining though - keep going!

Do you think he'd want to be working with Kenwright, who even the lap dog Moyes grew frustrated with, rather than a board that allowed a modest net spend each season?

Is that out of bob,s mouth today, dave? That,s fkin shocking if true.

Unfortunately, yes.

It's all about keeping 'squad mood' together now. New players will threaten that..apparently. I wonder when he was advised to take that line? Presumably well after he'd already made it plain we needed at least two in.

Do you think he'd want to be working with Kenwright, who even the lap dog Moyes grew frustrated with, rather than a board that allowed a modest net spend each season?

I think, and ive taken this from him actually saying such in that fantastic interview with the fans groups, that he is happy to be serving for Kenwright who is a huge Evertonian.

Do I think its enough? No of course not, but for you to say that he must be pulling his hair out is a step to far.

I think you are justified to be worried based on previous experiences, but board-bashing 10 days into the window when no-one knows what actually is going on is extremely premature.

Put the pitch-forks down and come back on February 2nd in this regard. I will bring the torches and join you should you be proven correct.

As i say though, you are absolutely entertaining - carry on entertaining!

Last edited:

Unfortunately, yes.

It's all about keeping 'squad mood' together now. New players will threaten that..apparently. I wonder when he was advised to take that line? Presumably well after he'd already made it plain we needed at least two in.

Don,t worry Dave, the money is there honest just a small lending fee will release untold mana from heavan from a MIA board director.

Hahaha, if that's true and we're not going to sign anyone AGAIN with an even bigger chance of CL football this year (easily our biggest ever) than last, then we really are a bit of a joke.

I think you are justified to be worried based on previous experiences, but board-bashing 10 days into the window when no-one knows what actually is going on is extremely premature.

Put the pitch-forks down and come back on January 2nd in this regard. I will bring the torches and join you should you be proven correct.

+1

(though I do believe it is February 2nd. we should be reaching for the pitchforks :P

I think, and ive taken this from him actually saying such in that fantastic interview with the fans groups, that he is happy to be serving for Kenwright who is a huge Evertonian.

Do I think its enough? No of course not, but for you to say that he must be pulling his hair out is a step to far.

Put the pitch-forks down and come back on January 2nd in this regard. I will bring the torches and join you should you be proven correct.

Well, I dont know about you, but if he'd made it perfectly plain two weeks earlier that he required two players to replace first teamers out for the season, then I'd say that he'd have be a vacillating fool to change that to 'we have to look at how they'd effect the squad' right now. And I dont think he is that fool. He's had his wings clipped on bodies in; maybe he felt he'd be able to easy get shut of Jelavic and Heitinga and that's the spanner in the works? Whether it's that or he's been told from above that they'd rather wait and deal in pre-contracts with the summer in mind I dont know. But it's unlikely he's willingly limiting himself at this stage to what he has. Why would he?

We are 'strengthening' this window remember. If that turns out to be adding a pre-contract for McGeady in the summer when we're desperate to strengthen and push for Europe now, then that has been a broken promise...and I wouldn't be pointing the finger at Martinez either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back