Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean ignore our players when judging players or managers, remember most of you wanted some porto guy instead of Martinez and then moaning that we paying 13 million for an average player like James. I'm hoping you're all wrong again over Aiden. I was a fan of Martinez and James as ive seem them alot over the years, not seen Aiden but his videos, his stats are all good so hopefully we have another gem.

I'm a big fan of Romelu, phillip, james, Gareth and Timothy too.

Thanks for that, i'm quite happy with this signing, ignore our fans, they didn't even want Martinez or James Mccarthy when we were linked. How do you know it a done deal?

His friend told me.

I've always been a huge fan of his. He was a victim of his own early success. He split a lot our fans down the middle, but for the most part, people who understand football could appreciate his exceptional talent.
Expection was huge from an early age with Aiden.

A boot deal at 15 and every club in Britain and some in Europe (Inter Milan) trying to sign him.
Then Playing Champions League football at 18 and terrorizing the AC Milan defence so much so that at one point they were putting three men on him. The hype went into overdrive when Maldini applauded one of his bits of skill on the pitch and then talked about him after the match.

He provided us with some great moments every season and one outstanding season (07/08), but he needed to get away from Scotland to further his career. So many of our fans, including me, thought he would have been playing for a top 4 English or Spanish team by now. It's not quite worked out that way, but I think he could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for you guys this season.

Last edited:

The only thing i'm arsed about is how Everton now finally will have a five star skill rated player in FIFA 14!

But hey, thanks for the comments Celtic Toff, i sure hope you're right. He seems the right kind of guy and he is in the right time of his life: Reaching the years when he shold be peaking, finally getting his chance on the big stage, in an exciting squad, with a great ethos, playing with irish compatriots coleman, mccarthy, gibson and duffy, and ready to show what he's got.

It's now or never for McGeady, who's had to live with being marked as "having so much potential" since his teens. His head will defo be in the right place. He'll give Gerard, Kev, Pienaar and Naismith a real run for their money, and competition for places is important, especially on the wings where we have arguably lacked decent performances this season.

All in all, i'm chuffed for this to be happening and hope he'll come in right away.

His friend told me.

I've always been a huge fan of his. He was a victim of his own early success. He split a lot our fans down the middle, but for the most part, people who understand football could appreciate his exceptional talent.
Expaction was huge from an early age with Aiden.

A boot deal at 15 and every club in Britain and some in Europe (Inter Milan) trying to sign him.
Then Playing Champions League football at 18 and terrorizing the AC Milan defence so much so that at one point they were putting three men on him. The hype went into overdrive when Maldini applauded one of his bits of skill on the pitch and then talked about him after the match.

He provided us with some great moments every season and one outstanding season (07/08), but he needed to get away from Scotland to further his career. So many of our fans, including me, thought he would have been playing for a top 4 English or Spanish team by now. It's not quite worked out that way, but I think he could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for you guys this season.

Bluestevon doesn't like this

Think Roberto will be one of the better managers that he will have played under, clearly a better style IMO, think that alone could show us a different side to Aiden to that what we seen at Celtic & Ireland. Ive said before, i think Roberto can get the best out of Aiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back