Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Alan Irvine Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone the least bit surprised? Dear me, this forum was generally of the opinion that it was a shocking decision for WBA to appoint him in the first place, so I'm not sure what people's problem with Jim Lahey is on this one. If you're worried about Irvine's welfare then I'm sure he'll have a couple of million in compensation and will most likely get another job within a football related capacity within a year or so.

Forgive me for not joining the orchestra with a violin.

I'm not arguing the point that Alan Irvine probably was not the smartest appointment as manager of West Brom, I just feel that Jim Lahey expresses his thoughts too strongly as a Manu fan on an Everton forum about something tenuously related to Everton.
How many Blues go on Red Cafe and post on a daily basis?
I would venture none.
Perhaps Jim is a wind-up merchant, perhaps not. Perhaps he is massively interested in every team while favouring one kind of footie fan, if so okay... just tell us that so we understand rather than keep coming on and taking a pop at anyone and everyone.
I know it's not just me who has found some of his posts tiresome.

I'm not arguing the point that Alan Irvine probably was not the smartest appointment as manager of West Brom, I just feel that Jim Lahey expresses his thoughts too strongly as a Manu fan on an Everton forum about something tenuously related to Everton.
I would venture none.
Perhaps Jim is a wind-up merchant, perhaps not. Perhaps he is massively interested in every team while favouring one kind of footie fan, if so okay... just tell us that so we understand rather than keep coming on and taking a pop at anyone and everyone.
There are 4 Everton fans at RedCafe, one of them has recently been appointed as a moderator too.

And when one of them has an opinion I.e. Roy Keane being an awful manager and person even though he was our captain once, the United fans don't then throw a hissyfit - most actually agreed.

You don't need to be so precious about it mate - I'm just giving an opinion and IN my opinion, Irvine was out of his depth managing at a Prem League club.

Last edited:
I would venture none.

I am one such person.

Spending so much time on the forum of another team is strange behaviour.

Why would anyone do it unless it was to wind up the inhabitants of said forum?

I am one such person.

Spending so much time on the forum of another team is strange behaviour.

Why would anyone do it unless it was to wind up the inhabitants of said forum?

What absolute hogwash and this just shows that you're insecure with other fans' views because generally they won't share the same agenda as yourself.

I am a member of 4 different footy forums (NOT RedCafe, I was banned from there for arguing with a mod, telling him that Evans and Cleverley were crap and he wouldn't have it!).

At all of the footy forums, there are fans of other clubs. YES can you believe that? At my United forum there's an Everton suppoter, Spurs fans, 2 Arsenal fans and a Liverpool fan. I bet you're thinking "WOW THIS IS CRAZY TALK!" but I swear to you, it's true.

Now, if me saying that Alan Irvine is a rubbish manager appears as a 'wind up' then you're mistaken my dear. Irvine WAS out his depth and shouldn't have been appointed in the first place at a relatively large Prem League club. It doesn't matter if he's played for Everton, Cambridge Town or Boca Juniors before - I'd still make the same point!

Most of the lads here are lovely and welcoming to fans of other clubs. But you'll always get the paranoid folk looking for this mysterious 'wind up' which isn't actually happening. It's banter a lot of the time - I can give it out and I can also take it.

Merry New Year x

I would venture none.

Sorry lid, I just don't like it when people gang up on others it just seems mean to me and kills puppies and kittens.

There are 4 Everton fans at RedCafe, one of them has recently been appointed as a moderator too.

And when one of them has an opinion I.e. Roy Keane being an awful manager and person even though he was our captain once, the United fans don't then throw a hissyfit - most actually agreed.

You don't need to be so precious about it mate - I'm just giving an opinion and IN my opinion, Irvine was out of his depth managing at a Prem League club.

Like I said old fruit, I wasn't arguing your opinion, merely the manner in which you expressed it... In my opinion.

Like I said old fruit, I wasn't arguing your opinion, merely the manner in which you expressed it... In my opinion.

No problem - in my opinion, you did throw a mini hissyfit over it all. I would have understood if I was attacking Everton Football Club but I wasn't.

I do think we should kiss and make-up, after all, it is New Year :) x

(Or we could share a meal-for-two, up to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back