2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really don't see him as a right winger. He can do a job because he puts the work in but it doesn't play to what he is useful at.
I feel Iwobi is at his worst in jammy games like this where there is no space. And sure enough King made all the difference winning that free kick on the wing with his pace. Iwobi needs to have room to run and there was nothing on his side.

I feel Iwobi is at his worst in jammy games like this where there is no space. And sure enough King made all the difference winning that free kick on the wing with his pace. Iwobi needs to have room to run and there was nothing on his side.
He's not much of a sprinter. I mean he can dribble people but he's not lightning quick. I just think he needs to be more of a midfield type player and less a winger but we aren't doing that.

He's not much of a sprinter. I mean he can dribble people but he's not lightning quick. I just think he needs to be more of a midfield type player and less a winger but we aren't doing that.
He does do well cutting inside off the wing though. And yeah I don’t like him on the wing unless he starts from deep. He plays best on the wing when he plays like a RWB. Would have rathered him around the box and in the middle

I really want this lad to do well but jeez when he had the chance to run with or regain the ball yesterday, it looked like he was running in treacle ! Take them concrete boots off big fella !!
He's not fast. There isn't really any reason to think he is fast as he really hasn't ever been.

Why would we put a player who cant retain the ball in midfield?

I think his best position is in Arsenals U23 side.
Because the "he gives the ball away too much" thing is a myth

Also he passes forward and dribbles forward which no one in our midfield does consistently. I'd excuse a giveaway or two. It's why I'm not concerned about Davies giving it away on occasion either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back