2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was meant to bring creativity?

I get it, he was played at Wingback, so im not expecting him to score many, but I am expecting, well, something.
A little. But ball progression. Getting the ball from our end to their's. That's all he does but no one else does it and it is really important.

A little. But ball progression. Getting the ball from our end to their's. That's all he does but no one else does it and it is really important.
You cant keep saying "But you dont know what he brings", it might work with some people, but it aint gonna work with me, I need to see some football from the boy.

But he has to retain the ball, its no good progressing it to lose it, which he and others do most of the time.
No, he is often not the one losing it. He's good for getting it to the final third. Sometimes he'll make something happen but not always. What he can do often enough is give it to the guys who are supposed to do things with it in the final third. Unfortunately Gray, Gordon and yes Richarlison aren't good enough creatively to take advantage.

As I said it is about his role, if he's given the ball progression box to box role he's a good player. He can do a job elsewhere but he's not particularly good elsewhere.

No, he is often not the one losing it. He's good for getting it to the final third. Sometimes he'll make something happen but not always. What he can do often enough is give it to the guys who are supposed to do things with it in the final third. Unfortunately Gray, Gordon and yes Richarlison aren't good enough creatively to take advantage.

As I said it is about his role, if he's given the ball progression box to box role he's a good player. He can do a job elsewhere but he's not particularly good elsewhere.
He's a strange one isn't he.. kinda a love hate relationship. Just lacks a bit of composure, hits the team hard with his strength gets the ball 2/3rds up the pitch his head falls off. I did enjoy him at the end of the season playing wing back, but you want that strength bursting through the middle.. oh alex..

club needs to stop posting this stuff as if its something good. I clicked on iwobis account from that aswell and the montage at the top of his page is a tad cringe.
It seems those at the club accept staying up by the skin of our teeth as success.
The whole of last season should be buried in a vault of embarrassment.

Genuine concern this is going to be the norm with this club now.

club needs to stop posting this stuff as if its something good. I clicked on iwobis account from that aswell and the montage at the top of his page is a tad cringe.
It seems those at the club accept staying up by the skin of our teeth as success.

1417.jpg

Ermmmmm.....ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.