Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very bad today.
Sick of the stupid argument about where he plays.

Yes, he's better left side of midfield. But, he went over there a few times today and overhit simple passes and took sloppy touches. WHere you play on the pitch shouldn't mean you do simple things badly.

At least he kept working and won the pen. He's not the problem of course but his purple patch is over. Have to get it back if we want to stay up because he's the only remotely creative player we have.
At the same time just play him where he does better. I get it, he shouldn't screw up but when he spends a lot of time pinned to the right he screws up. Stop doing it.

I mean he's playing somewhere he's worse so that Tom Davies can do nothing in the area of the pitch he's have a greater influence. What are we doing here?

People just went way, way over the top at a truly awful player hitting a good spell of form for a few months. He was abysmal for two full years, then finally put in a bit of effort for half a season (at most). Now he's approaching those God awful 2019-2021 levels once again.
Been saying this all along about Iwobi and been getting laughed out of this thread.

Nice to see people are finally catching on.

At the same time just play him where he does better. I get it, he shouldn't screw up but when he spends a lot of time pinned to the right he screws up. Stop doing it.

I mean he's playing somewhere he's worse so that Tom Davies can do nothing in the area of the pitch he's have a greater influence. What are we doing here?
Much as I don’t think he’s good enough longer term, this is a very good point.

Been saying this all along about Iwobi and been getting laughed out of this thread.

Nice to see people are finally catching on.
Likewise, he’s got talent on the ball but he’s never going to be a box to box midfielder, doesn’t have awareness out of possession or when game turns against us, disappears. Attacking midfield, doesn’t score enough for sure. Don’t think he can create enough but it is hard to judge when he’s got Gray/McNeil to pass to.

Crazy we’re in a position where we’re having to rely on him but that’s how bad we are.

Been way too invisible for a stretch here. I hope he can get that mojo back. We really, really, really need it.

What "mojo" is that exactly. Even when some were creaming over him he wasnt actually doing anything that great.

Look at that brighton midfield last night.
Pascal gross 3m
Solly march nothing
Mitoma 4m
Caicedo 4.5m.
Iwobi cost more than their entire midfield.
All just do their job week in week out No fuss. No hype.

Iwobi has one half decent game in which he hasnt actually done much yet is plastering his social media like he's some superstar.

Our recruitment is all wrong. All wrong. Thats not only ability but mentality.

Yeah I agree on that. It was good to see him move left side in the first half and it was annoying he then moved back. He was still rubbish all game.

Iwobi runs around a lot but usually doesn't accomplish much, however depending on instructions that may not be his fault.

As far as I remember the one time he made a positive forward run last night we got a penalty.

For me Idrissa Gueye is the player whose role needs to be looked at. He is not a creative player but is being used in a kind of quarter back role and it is a disaster.
He is a midfielder who covers the back fours and breaks up opposing attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back