Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we run into the same problem whatever position he plays. Even when he's in good form he just doesn't influence the game enough. The fact he's one of the first names on the team sheet reflects how poor the squad is.
I think this is it really, he’s a nice footballer but has nothing about him - isn’t a forward anymore, isn’t really an attacking midfielder, isn’t good enough defensively or out of possession/ off the ball to be a box to box midfielder. He’s just not particularly effective, certainly not often enough.

When he is asked to be the creator, we’re in right trouble. He’s can be effective as a duracell bunny water carrier type though.

We need a ball player.

I think this is it really, he’s a nice footballer but has nothing about him - isn’t a forward anymore, isn’t really an attacking midfielder, isn’t good enough defensively or out of possession/ off the ball to be a box to box midfielder. He’s just not particularly effective, certainly not often enough.

Maybe if we had really good players around him he'd be an asset, but as it stands he's one of our go to men for a bit of inspiration. Just isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back