Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes crap and always has been. He had one purple patch in 4 years where he ran around a bit 6 months ago and now hes one of the first names on the team sheet somehow.

I'm desperate for us to get players in so we don't have to watch crap like him and gray every week and pretend like their good footballers.
In that midfield last season it was desperate for some energy, the likes of Allan, Gomes, Davies, Delph had no athleticism. He gave that midfield something it badly needed. This season we’ve got Gana and Onana, we don’t need another runner in midfield, we need a top playmaker/creator and he’s just not it. Lampard seems to be trying to move him back to being a forward recently and…well, we’ve seen how well that worked before.

When he is asked to be the creator, we’re in right trouble. He’s can be effective as a duracell bunny water carrier type though.

We need a ball player.
Yes but we’ve got Onana and Gana now, they meant to be the Duracell bunny ball winners and water carrier types. Can’t have all three of them doing that, we need a creator, someone who is goi g to be dangerous on and around the final third.

Dreadful player. Never seen him make a forward pass, and never seen him make a pass of more than 10 yards. Whenever he receives the ball his instinct is to turn round and see who he can pass back to.

Massive part of the problem. Played well for a spell when we had Richie in team but now he's going backwards. Backs out of every 50/50 ball, constantly passes to the opposition, cant pick out a killer pass, has no idea what to do next with the ball, he's got no guile to get into space or make a telling run and never gets on the end of a cross. In his favour he's got an amazing engine on him and never stops running. But he's part of a dismal midfield, Onana aside.

I think we've been that crap and starved of good performances that the fanbase MASSIVELY overegged his form. He's marginally less poor than the others.

Are you saying he wasn't decent last season? For the majority of it anyway. As of today he's our only hope.

Massive part of the problem. Played well for a spell when we had Richie in team but now he's going backwards. Backs out of every 50/50 ball, constantly passes to the opposition, cant pick out a killer pass, has no idea what to do next with the ball, he's got no guile to get into space or make a telling run and never gets on the end of a cross. In his favour he's got an amazing engine on him and never stops running. But he's part of a dismal midfield, Onana aside.

Not sure Richie had anything to do with his form last season.

Hes crap and always has been. He had one purple patch in 4 years where he ran around a bit 6 months ago and now hes one of the first names on the team sheet somehow.

I'm desperate for us to get players in so we don't have to watch crap like him and gray every week and pretend like their good footballers.
Correct. What position is he supposed to be playing lately? . He makes the team even more unbalanced.

…best player today but I don’t trust him to be good. I’m not convinced football matters to him, I’m not convinced Lampard has that central midfield axis right.

As I said when Keane was playing well, you have to sell these players when the time is right, when their stock is high. you know their frailties. You don’t reward them with big deals because you suspect the dip is around the corner.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back