Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sums him up is when we broke after a Brentford attack and the ball was played quickly forward. It came to him and somehow he back heeled it to a Brentford player which allowed them to counter attack. Anyone thinking he should get a new contract is deluded. If Dyche offers him a new improved contract he should be sacked.

….his pass in the lead up to the goal was something of real quality. He’s capable of that more than anybody in the team but we only see it on occasion.
Exactly this

People are slating him but he was one of the only guys we have that could create our goal

Getting rid of him next season for somebody better would be a big sign that EFC are improving.

He does have moments, he does have talent but he never scores and does not have a big enough
impact on games. And certainly not for 100k a week that some in the press are mentioning.

Dyche might not have him on his 'must-go' list but he surely is on the ' upgrade-required' list.

Getting rid of him next season for somebody better would be a big sign that EFC are improving.

He does have moments, he does have talent but he never scores and does not have a big enough
impact on games. And certainly not for 100k a week that some in the press are mentioning.

Dyche might not have him on his 'must-go' list but he surely is on the ' upgrade-required' list.

….I’d call him a ‘sellable asset’, a player we should sell for decent money & then use that income to improve the capability of the team. Much will depend on whether we are still in the league next season.

He makes them pass it back or waste it. It's the likes of Davies who goes in for tackles in no mans land and lands us in the [Poor language removed]. Iwobi is just fine for me.

Fair that’s your opinion but I’ve seen countless times where he’ll press but it means nothing if he doesn’t go in for the challenge.

….that’s a good point. His stock might be high but there has to be somebody willing to buy him & he’s got to be willing to,leave.

If we stay up Dyche might be keen on keeping him (he’s a regular starter) but i‘d be wary of giving him a big bucks new contract.

The only team who would have “invested” in him in the prem is Newcastle. And we’ve already scammed them with Gordon.

….his pass in the lead up to the goal was something of real quality. He’s capable of that more than anybody in the team but we only see it on occasion.
What stands out to me after watching the tunnel access video was when Coleman hoofed it up the field in that first minute, Iwobi takes a dead sprint to chase what 99% of the time, would have been a lost cause and provide support to Gray. Without that sprint, he’s not in position for the key pass to Doucoure, which then leads to the goal. Great effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back