Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he plays better for us when he’s in the middle, however on the right wing his defensive play has been excellent. I think one of the reasons Coleman has been solid recently is that Iwobi tracks back so well. He must cover a lot of ground over 90 minutes. That’s why Dyche is playing him there rather than Gray.

He's not a centre attacking midfielder though, his stats don't get anywhere near that of someone who should be in that role. He is far better on the wing doing some donkey work while at it and is better than any other option we currently possess.

Longterm he needs replacing as he doesn't do enough and like Sigurdsson creates a muddled team where he'll have a decent game now and again but effectively you aren't going to progress if he is the one you keep looking to.

I think he plays better for us when he’s in the middle, however on the right wing his defensive play has been excellent. I think one of the reasons Coleman has been solid recently is that Iwobi tracks back so well. He must cover a lot of ground over 90 minutes. That’s why Dyche is playing him there rather than Gray.
Iwobi tracks back so well ? He runs back thirty or forty yards and never puts a tackle in, yes he runs miles possibly more than any other player but there is no purpose to the runs, no tackle at the end of it, Colman was left on his own in that second half, then watch Iwobi at the other end running fifty yards after a Brentford player hits it back to his ‘keeper and no earthly chance of getting anywhere near it, pure bluff but it impresses many fans in the crowd, he shirks the real hard work, watch Colman, Gana,Doucoure, Tarkowski doing real graft and putting their bodies on the line, real team players who play for the team,

For those of us who continue to slate Iwobi I ask this

Who else in our side can make that one pass, occasionally, for a goal?

The answer is no one. And since we occasionally need goals to score, he simply needs to be out there.

He created our goal this weekend.
If you think nobody else can make a 15 yard sideways pass to a team mate In space you HIGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back