Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that, if James Rodriguez had that many with this squad everyone would be drooling over him
James could play in the middle of the park with ease Iwobi simply cannot and is liability when he does. Iwobi is effective winger. You can get away with poor decisions out on the wing more so than middle of the park. Iwobi has not the ability to be the No10.

Have called him out previous so it's only fair to praise him (a couple of shied out headers aside) for yesterdays efforts.

He was excellent last night, when he plays like that he is so important to us, his ability and willingness to burst out of defence with the ball and drive forward 20 yards very quickly, makes a quick counter attack possible.

I wouldn't dream of offering him a contract at the levels people are talking about, but, if we stay up and if Dyche keeps his job, I expect the club to agree a deal with him. He is very much a Dyche type player, more perspiration than inspiration.

For the life of me i can't figure out what we should be doing with him this summer if we stay up. Sell him? Let him run his contract down? Give him an extension? He's just so all over the place with his performances. Beyond woeful for 3 years until just over a year ago

For the life of me i can't figure out what we should be doing with him this summer if we stay up. Sell him? Let him run his contract down? Give him an extension? He's just so all over the place with his performances. Beyond woeful for 3 years until just over a year ago
No we have to give him a new contract, dont forget the well has ran dry, dont expect us to be spending big this summer, we will need him next season, his goals and assists have been vital this season

Was a good performance, he seems to get better and grow in confidence when the team is playing well.

I'd give him a new contract if wages aren't ridiculous and we stay up. He's our most creative player, has way more assists than anyone else, he's hard working and versatile covering all the midfield.

Still need a right midfielder though.

I mentioned against Leicester, I think he benefits massively having DCL up top. There's a bit of chemistry between them 2 and Iwobi looks a lot more assured of finding him and the runs Dom makes.

Great performance Monday, need him at that level for 3 games then if we want to keep him, negotiate a deal that's right for Everton Football Club

35 times this season he has played in the league, thats 35 out of 35, with a small squad that has been vital for us.
Added to that he has scored two goals and assisted 8 times, now this is interesting, obviously if you get one assist in a 5 1 win you havent had a affect on the win, however his goals and assists have by themselves won us 10 points this season, turning draws into wins and losses into draws, without his contribution this season we have no chance of staying out.
Player of the season without question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back