Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't really fit the Dyche system, he is wasted out on the right. He said again a few weeks back he prefers playing in the middle. Also doesn't score anywhere near enough goals. He is also looking for a new contract and will want decent money and is it worthwhile for us? or would Dyche rather have a proper winger on the right? We may even play a different system (wishful thinking) have to wait and see tbh.
If you’re going to sit deep, you need a player with an eye for a defence splitting pass on the break, and he provided a few of those on Monday evening. But yes, he is inconsistent.

He doesn't really fit the Dyche system, he is wasted out on the right. He said again a few weeks back he prefers playing in the middle. Also doesn't score anywhere near enough goals. He is also looking for a new contract and will want decent money and is it worthwhile for us? or would Dyche rather have a proper winger on the right? We may even play a different system (wishful thinking) have to wait and see tbh.
Thing is you say he dosent fit the Dyche system but under Dyche he has been playing well, as well as anyone.
Problem we have is its going to cost us a lot more too replace him then it will cost if we give him a new contract, in our situation that will help us financially

Thing is you say he dosent fit the Dyche system but under Dyche he has been playing well, as well as anyone.
Problem we have is its going to cost us a lot more too replace him then it will cost if we give him a new contract, in our situation that will help us financially
His best games were earlier on in the season when he played through the middle imo. We need more consistent options in the team and as I said he doesn't score goals enough. Let's see in the summer.

When he is upfield I think he is solid. When he is caught in the middle there are so many times where he slows the game down or makes a disastrous pass that results in a counter or loss of possession.

The trick for him is to stop second guessing himself and try to cut the hospital balls down to a minimum. I would actually like to see him occasionally just bust a gut and take it down the line.

He did it yesterday when the space was vacant but I’d like to see him have a go against defenders now and again. He has to be more confident and not slow the game down because that is where we struggle. We often allow defenses to settle.

Sensible posts, we have disposable players, and areas of the pitch we need to look at, last thing we need to do is add to problems by selling a player we've played in 35 of 35 league games this season.
Iwobi.is an important player, and will be next season too
May not be a popular opinion. I will be happy with only Richy (loan with obligation to buy) as the signing this summer. ST and wide area is sorted. Branthwaite will be coming back. One year extension for Mina, Doucouré, Coleman and Begovic. I can endure Godfrey as the LB backup if this means Richy is back. Townsend, Davies, Lonergan and the two loan players back to their clubs respectively.

Holgate, Nkounkou, Maupay and Gomes will be sold for a fee. Ali get him gone too.

…surely much depends on our status next season. I imagine all contract renegotiations are on hold until that’s confirmed.

iwobi was highlighted by Lampard amidst talk of a big bucks contract. There has to be criteria for renewing contracts, just as there has to be for new acquisitions. A big bucks renewal for an attacking midfielder has to include goals & I think Iwobi has scored 2 this season. For me, that’s nowhere good enough to reward.

I actually don’t mind him. I just don’t think he’s worthy of being a top earner. Giving him a new deal ‘because it’s cheaper’ is no business model. The aspiration is to bring in better. We are woefully lacking potent attacking players. Selling him will help subsidise improvement, but we can only sell if he‘s content to move.

I’m ok with a renewal, but I’m not ok with putting him on a lengthy big bucks deal. I’m not convinced the game matters to him an awful lot, which should also be part of the criteria.

Another ridiculous decision if this fella gets a new bumper contract. We're sitting one place outside the relegation zone and ive read a few threads on various players saying dish out new contracts on silly money.
I think the 1-5 at Brighton has gone to peoples head.

Another ridiculous decision if this fella gets a new bumper contract. We're sitting one place outside the relegation zone and ive read a few threads on various players saying dish out new contracts on silly money.
I think the 1-5 at Brighton has gone to peoples head.
I will never forget the 3 years of utter dross this lad has served us , a couple of half decent performances will not change my mind either.

Noticed him still back out out of 2 headed challenges the other night too.
He'll never change , sell as soon as possible.

I will never forget the 3 years of utter dross this lad has served us , a couple of half decent performances will not change my mind either.

Noticed him still back out out of 2 headed challenges the other night too.
He'll never change , sell as soon as possible.

And make no mistake he'll think it warrants him a big bumper new contract.
Its got Everton written all over it. Its why we're a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back