Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely don’t think I’ve hated a football player more than Iwobi. It’s one thing having someone like Keane who’s a tragic footballer but he clearly knows he is, Iwobi though clearly thinks he’s some sort of superstar and is truly dreadful.

He’s the Kenwright of the playing squad. The absolute personified symptom of failure and how poor we’ve become as a club. A shameful excuse of a footballer.
We’ll said. It’s amazing the number of people who have bought into the narrative that he’s been one of our most consistent players. Half right I suppose, he’s consistently poor.

I've heard that whenever he's got a problem with his plumbing he gets a plumber in to fix it instead of doing it himself. Disgusting these rich footballers.
If his plumbing is anything like his playing...

flood-water-fall.gif

I don't hate "Wobez" to be fair, I would even go as far as saying he is one of our better* players currently but that is more an indication of how far we have truely dipped rather than him being any good.

*Least worst

He burns a huge amount of calories every game and he is capable if the occasional worldy pass. But he scores no goals and provides too few assists. For me, that isnt hard to replace, does anyone on here think he would walk into the midfield of Leeds, Leicester or Southampton? If he couldn't, then we shouldn't be keeping him on!

He is about our current level, he works hard and gets us up the pitch, but, although he has relatively quick feet, he is a poor decision maker and an even worse passer of the ball. That's not to say I hate him, but, an extension on anything like the money I've seen quoted, 80-100k would be madness. I don't think he's going to get trampled on in the rush of other clubs trying to sign him on that kind of money.

If we stay up I'd like to keep him, but, only at a sensible wage. He is an average premier league level player with many weaknesses to his game and his wage should reflect that.

Quick feet, slow footballing brain. Is the best way to describe him. He works fairly hard, which i appreciate, but he will never be consistently good enough

Hardest of the one-year-remaining contracts to decide what to do. We won't get value selling, but we don't want to let him walk on a free. This one really depends on what's available on the market.

If the right loan or young player is available, we should sell for any halfway decent offer. If not, we don't want a depth problem in midfield to go with the other squad depth problems.

Hardest of the one-year-remaining contracts to decide what to do. We won't get value selling, but we don't want to let him walk on a free. This one really depends on what's available on the market.

If the right loan or young player is available, we should sell for any halfway decent offer. If not, we don't want a depth problem in midfield to go with the other squad depth problems.

Keep thinking he has 2 years left :o

I think we get £12.5-15mil for him.

Id happily take that.

Purportedly very relaxed and confident before our huge match. Let's see this translate to a game winning performance.

Mmm, not the thread I want to be seeing at the top of board on this particular sunday morning, barely touched my first cuppa. But just one match winning performance from this loafer would be well timed

I've got an idea let's slate the one player who in less than 10 hours can have a big influence in one of the biggest games in our history 🤔

The team today need our full support, what happens after the game is the time to refect and take stock.

The only people who should be slated is the board as they are making wrong decisions after wrong decision, when we we win today, if that board are still intact come the start of next season then we as fans have failed.

They have to go and there has to be change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back