Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

%100 Evertonian, 2 seasons on the run now he has done as much anyone to keep us up, absolutely needs a new contract now.

He is just pretty bad on the wing. I would say move him to the middle again but I’m afraid he might disrupt the balance Dyche has brought there with Doucore, Gana and Garner/Onana. I wouldn’t re-sign him if we don’t have the intention of moving him somewhere else or converting him to a different position. He is just ineffective as hell on the wing and not worth the wages.

Honestly don't know what to do with Iwobi. I like him and I'm glad he's largely proven people wrong.

But he's 27, 1 year left, and we have the choice now of either extending him to the point where he has no resale value, which will mean a large payrise (he's actually not one of our better paid players), or selling him for maybe £15m but at least avoiding him walking on a free next year.

Genuinely not sure which option I favour. he doesn't score enough goals but he's creative and works hard - but he's also got a bit of a soft centre and we need fighters, leaders and goalscorers.. I guess it depends on who else we might bring in. if we do let him go. No point selling him if it makes us weaker.

Dilemma

He is just pretty bad on the wing. I would say move him to the middle again but I’m afraid he might disrupt the balance Dyche has brought there with Doucore, Gana and Garner/Onana. I wouldn’t re-sign him if we don’t have the intention of moving him somewhere else or converting him to a different position. He is just ineffective as hell on the wing and not worth the wages.
The way he plays the left where he can go to the middle on his stronger foot is pretty decent too. But that makes Gray useless. It's all a bit messy.

Honestly don't know what to do with Iwobi. I like him and I'm glad he's largely proven people wrong.

But he's 27, 1 year left, and we have the choice now of either extending him to the point where he has no resale value, which will mean a large payrise (he's actually not one of our better paid players), or selling him for maybe £15m but at least avoiding him walking on a free next year.

Genuinely not sure which option I favour. he doesn't score enough goals but he's creative and works hard - but he's also got a bit of a soft centre and we need fighters, leaders and goalscorers.. I guess it depends on who else we might bring in. if we do let him go. No point selling him if it makes us weaker.

Dilemma
He honestly should be moved on

The way he plays the left where he can go to the middle on his stronger foot is pretty decent too. But that makes Gray useless. It's all a bit messy.
Yeah. Imo we should either acquire a direct pacy winger that can get crosses in (they don’t even have to be great just do their role) or an attacking midfielder type that can link up well with the central midfield and Patterson (or whoever the frick is playing there next season). Iwobi looks lost on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back